Swimming in December?

Luvtomickey

Mouseketeer
This is our first trip in December we are the going the first weekend. For those of you who have gone in December were you able to swim with the heated pools I know this can be an iffy time of year for weather.

We went a few days it was sunny and 70 degrees. It realy is a personal preference. DH hough it was great I hate to freeze when I am out of the water. He spent and hour everyday at the pool.

When we went in Nov/Dec, 2000, it was cold so we didn't go swimming. But there were mostly kids in the pool (I think even though the water may be heated, you still have to get out at some time and it is probably a long walk to the room when you're cold!!!) I had a sweatshirt on and I was really cold; there's kids in the pool.

In Nov/Dec, 2001, it was much warmer (a little cool in the evening) and again, lots of people swimming!

We're going back again the first week in Dec and I do hope its a little cold - kind of adds to the holiday spirit!! Check the 10 day weather forecast right before your trip!! Have fun!!!

I was at WDW last December (1st week), and it was WARM, bordering on hot! DH and happily used the water park (I forget which), and the pool at the resort. I went swimming one night at about 10pm! That time of year is really iffy as far as what you'll get!

Good luck!

Erin :D

We were there for the first weekend in December last year and the weather was fantastic, almost hot on some days. So yes, swimming was very pleasant. However, 4 years ago it was quite chilly that first week in December and swimming wasn't comfortable for me. The water was fine (heated to 80 degrees) but once your wet body hit that cool air (60 degrees) it wasn't a pleasant experience. I had to take a hot shower afterwards!

Was able to swim first week of December in 1998, too cold in 1997, borderline in 2000 (I didn't, but it probably would have been OK if you really wanted to), too cold in 2001.

Anne

Could vary greatly. Weatherbase.com says for December:

Avg high 73
Avg low 51
Avg days over 80=7
Avg days under 45=9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter