Swimsuits available between MCO and port?

peg2001

<font color=FF6600>Can drive DH away with a banana
Well, I've started pulling together the shorts, swimsuits, etc that we won't need at home during the next 3 weeks and the kids swimsuits are in rough shape. I'd like to buy some new ones prior to our cruise but of course, nothing is available in our local stores right now.

Is there a Walmart or something similar that is easy to get to between MCO and the port? Would Florida stores carry swimsuits year round?

Thank you for any help!
Peggy

There's a Target on the way off the BeeLine.

250 Crockett BLVD
Merrit Island

I went to the Target Website and place a store locater search for Cape Canaveral. We always have swimsuits down here!

The stores sell swimsuites yearround in florida, you will not have a problem finding one. We have been to the florida mall several times and it has many stores including disneystore, sears, pennys and too many more for me to remember, nice clean. It is of the beeline but west of the airport, not sure how far.. If you are looking for swimsuites just for the kids maybe try the DS in the airport to save driving around. There are also 7 wallmarts in Orlando so maybe one of them is close to the airport.

Peggy,

I don't know where you live, but here in South Jersey they already have bathing suits in the department stores. I was shoping on sunday, looking for a new formal gown, which I could not find, but I did see bathing suits.

sue

Try some of the dot.com stores too! I believe that they have them year round at JcPenney.com --- good luck!
:D

Land's End has them. Also, if you want to try a typical tourist type place, RonJons in Cocoa Beach has TONS of things like that! It's just about 3 miles farther into town from the ship. It's actually on the way to return a rental if you use Hertz.

There is a Walmart in Cocoa Beach on Merritt Island - Rt 520, the West Cocoa Beach causeway, which I also heard referred to as Merritt Island Causeway, which runs west from A1A at about Ron Jons. Also a very large mall on Rt 520 on Merritt Island with usual stores and Berdines, a nice department store of the Federated chain.

I found that Berdines has a better swim suit and shorts selection than even Ron Jon's, and the prices were quite reasonable (especially with a big sale and additional 30% off )

Our college daughter arrived in Florida for our Dec. 14 cruise fresh from exams and with very little in the way of warm weather clothing (rather hurried packing- she did bring her formal so she could clean up nicely). We were able to completely outfit her the morning of the cruise with basics (shorts, sandals, nice shirts, etc.) at Berdine's with clothes that she actually liked. The selection was great.

At the same mall my husband got a formal shirt - to go with his tux - at a shop called Syd's. The shirt was under $25, and a 37 inch sleeve length. They had all types of men's formal wear there - a good last minute place.

I decided that in the future, I will put off any shopping until we arrive in Fl. and go to Berdines and other mall shops. The selection and prices are much better than at home, even in the summer.

Wow! Thank you all for the wealth of information. We'll probably try to hit the Target for cost reasons, who knows if the suits we buy will still fit the kids by summer!

Peggy

My Costco has swimsuits as of yesterday. I bought one for my DH and DS's. My daughter's were purchased at Nordstom Rack for $4 a piece. I was thrilled!

I bought swimsuits for my girls and myself online at the clearance and outlet sites of JCPenney and a couple other I can't recall right now. I just did a search. Got suits for $5 to $12!!

While I was out this weekend, I found swimsuites at Marshalls and TJ Max. Sports Authority also has them yearround, they are a little pricey due to being the brand Speedo, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter