Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse to close?

BBG-BLT

Bunch of Booth-Genthe's
Humor me - a friend told a friend that last summer was it's last summer. Now Grammy (my fiend -and no one messes with my Grammy) is very sad because she loves that attraction :confused3 I don't know why either but it's her favorite

Can anyone tell me if they've heard the same thing? If so what would WDW replace it with. I told her I'd try to find out.

This may be the most basic of attractions at the Magic Kingdom, but it is also one of our favorites. Plus it gives you the best view of the park when you are at the top.

I hope it doesn't close.

I had read somewhere several months ago. Forgive me I can't remember where, so don't put too much stock in this that the tree house was going to get a refurb to make it more current. Something along the lines of putting Tink and her friends there since Pixie Hallow was scrapped from New Fantasyland. I know they have a spot in Adventureland, but the rumor I heard was they would do some sort of Tink theme at the Tree House. Who knows. :confused3

I had read somewhere several months ago. Forgive me I can't remember where, so don't put too much stock in this that the tree house was going to get a refurb to make it more current. Something along the lines of putting Tink and her friends there since Pixie Hallow was scrapped from New Fantasyland. I know they have a spot in Adventureland, but the rumor I heard was they would do some sort of Tink theme at the Tree House. Who knows. :confused3

Wow, that's interesting. I can see some rage coming to the boards if that were the case lol

Didn't they just spend several months refurbing it a couple years ago? I think it was 2010 or 2011 that it was closed for a bit (for the aforementioned refurb, that is).

Maybe they would change it to the Lost Boys hideout.

It'd be a shame to see it go, I loved that movie growing up. But that movie is now 53 years old. It is becoming extremely dated, I was in MK over the weekend and heard a parent explaining the movie because their kid didn't know what it was.

It's a relic that older generations love and newer can't relate to. Converting to a fairie/pixie hollow style attraction would be an easy change, however, I think a "lost boys treehouse" would be good for the boys.

It'd be a shame to see it go, I loved that movie growing up. But that movie is now 53 years old. It is becoming extremely dated, I was in MK over the weekend and heard a parent explaining the movie because their kid didn't know what it was.

It's a relic that older generations love and newer can't relate to. Converting to a fairie/pixie hollow style attraction would be an easy change, however, I think a "lost boys treehouse" would be good for the boys.

There is a relatively easy fix for this:

"Walt Disney Studios presents, Johnny Depp in SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON"

As far as being something the newer generation can't relate to; not necessarily my DD is 17 and loves it. She was mad when I told her the rumor this morning.

It's not been my favorite attraction, but I've travelled with folks that love it. Both this attraction and Tom Sawyers Island seem like relics, but I can't see them departing with either.

Jim Hill had referenced this as well, that it might be converted into a meet and greet for the Fairies since Pixie Hollow didn't happen, or something to that effect. Who knows if it's true or not, but it doesn't seem like an unreasonable idea, and it could definitely fit with the fairies theme without too much renovation.

Didn't they just spend several months refurbing it a couple years ago? I think it was 2010 or 2011 that it was closed for a bit (for the aforementioned refurb, that is).

I believe it was in 2011. We had a trip in November that year, and I believe the treehouse didn't open until the very last day of our trip.

The simplicity of the attraction would, I think, be a positive to keeping it as it absorbs a decent amount of traffic from the parks without requiring a constant CM presence. But if they believed the theming was wearing thin due to age, I could definitely see potential to convert it to a theme more consistent with Peter Pan (either Lost Boys or Pixies) to generate more traffic flow. My understanding is that Disneyland did essentially that when they changed their treehouse to a Tarzan theme.

As far as being something the newer generation can't relate to; not necessarily my DD is 17 and loves it. She was mad when I told her the rumor this morning.

That only shows she has good taste in films. The vast majority of that generation, and those born this millenium have very little exposure to the classic films. With cable and the dribble they have on Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel (eeep!), and the other 2,000 cable channels out there.

However, revitalizing it with Depp could be interesting, the eccentric father figure battling pirates...

...criss-cross...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter