Switch Le Cellier for Garden Grill?

Mommymarie

Mouseketeer
I know they are totally different....I have been to both but its been a few years. We are on the dining plan and I hate using 2 credits for Le Cellier especially since it seems like it has gone down hill per reviews...also there are only 3 steaks on menu and the sides sound yucky to my family. The price is not much more than our 1 credit dinner at 1900 just not sure it is best value of ddp. On the flip it seems there is no longer fish at GG that my hubby was looking forward to. Thoughts? Is Le Cellier really worth 2 credits?

We've done the DDP quite a few times and it's always way too much food, but it allows you to try restaurants that you might not typically visit at WDW.

We last went to LeCellier on DDP and it was one credit and a big bargain!!! Then, it got crazy popular and Disney saw this and decided 2 credits please.

The food quality and experience did not double and have heard from most that the quantity and quality went down? Maybe the chef left?

Anyway, not worth 2 credits IMHO....Garden Grill is very relaxing, plenty of food, great characters and you revolve around the "Land"...great sites to view. You can take your time and the booths are very private.

I never knew "Fish" was on the menu there at GG. It was probably their farmed fish, so not that nutritious.

We were not thrilled with our meal at Le Cellier on our last trip. It was fine, but if you are going to spend 2 credits, there are much better signatures in the EP area. If you are up to leaving the park, I highly recommend walking over to BWI from EP and eating at Flying Fish ( our favorite) or consider Yachtsman at YC. For 1 credit, I would even consider Ale & Compass at YC. If the choices are only between Le Cellier and GG, I would save the credit and choose GG.

Thanks I am leaning toward GG but I hope o dont regret cancelling le cellier....we have 1 yr old twins so i dont want to leave the park:)

I would never spend 2 credits for any restaurant at Disney. 1 credit meals are a much better value.

Thanks I am leaning toward GG but I hope o dont regret cancelling le cellier....we have 1 yr old twins so i dont want to leave the park:)

If you don’t want to leave the park and are just looking for a good 1 TS restaurant, consider Spice Road Table. It’s consistently good IMHO and the atmosphere is really nice.

I would never spend 2 credits for any restaurant at Disney. 1 credit meals are a much better value.

Then you are going to miss out on lots of good stuff!!

OP, take the reviews on LC with a grain of salt, some complain to complain, if you like the food so be it....

Another thought would be Teppan Edo. You can stay in the park and they have both seafood and steak dishes or better yet combo meals. Could be entertaining for the kids to watch too. Yachtsman could also be an option. It is two credits, but right out the international gateway so really "in the park."

There are so many choice's in the world showcase.... as well we like Corral Reef... and the atmosphere, is nice and relaxing...

Garden Grill is actually my favorite restaurant in Epcot. And I remember well when Le Cellier was 1 Credit. Unfortunately we are having a breakfast in GG this next trip and daughters mother's only restaurant request is Le Cellier. Don't get me wrong its OK but I do have issues spending 2 credits on the plate.

We are trying LC for the first time this month (yay- I get to say this month now!) and none of these opinions is swaying me. I can’t wait to try it there. Although we are paying oop not on dining plan. For lunch we plan to order two apps and split a meal. Maybe dessert. If the sides sound “yucky” to everyone, I wouldn’t waste my money there though.

We are trying LC for the first time this month (yay- I get to say this month now!) and none of these opinions is swaying me. I can’t wait to try it there. Although we are paying oop not on dining plan. For lunch we plan to order two apps and split a meal. Maybe dessert. If the sides sound “yucky” to everyone, I wouldn’t waste my money there though.

As of last August, if you ask, you can still get the cream cheese mashed potatoes. Oh my. That was our first dinner last summer, and it almost did me in. And dd and I split the steak with a side of the mashed potatoes after an appetizer (or two?). But it was still SO GOOD.

If you switch LC for Sunshine seasons you would be upgrading!

My general rule is to avoid any Disney one credit restaurant and stick to signature. The two exceptions are LeCellier and Be Our Guest!

If you don’t want to spend two credits at LC, there are much better one credit options than GG IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter