switch which contract points are pulled from for a reservation

Ariel620

DIS Veteran
I want to switch which contract I use for my reservation at Aulani. The contracts are AKL and BWV, so neither contract had home resort priority. I thought I used to be able to modify this online (that little lock symbol only appeared when I booked >7 months with home resort priority), but now when I try to modify this Aulani reservation, the contract I used to book it has the lock symbol and the other contracts aren't showing as a choice to modify the existing reservation to.

Is this something that is not allowed? Or is it only allowed if I call in to ask them to switch it? (but I really think I did this online in the past).

Thanks for any thoughts

Did you modify an original reservation that was booked before 7 months? I find it locked sometimes because of that.

Just give MS a call or chat. They can help

This always happens with my 7 month reservations as well. I always get the lock symbol on the modification screen. They’ve never been able to fix it.

Did you modify an original reservation that was booked before 7 months? I find it locked sometimes because of that.

Just give MS a call or chat. They can help
I don’t think they allow you to swap out home resort points for non home resort points at 7 months, at least it didn’t work for me when I tried it once. What did work is extending an Aulani home resort booking with non Aulani points at 7 months, but I had to wait until the entire stay fell within the 7 month booking window.

I don’t think they allow you to swap out home resort points for non home resort points at 7 months, at least it didn’t work for me when I tried it once. What did work is extending an Aulani home resort booking with non Aulani points at 7 months, but I had to wait until the entire stay fell within the 7 month booking window.

Sorry. That wasn’t what I meant. If you modify a reservation booked at your home resort at 7 months to a different resort, and it kept the same reservation number, sometimes the home resort contract remains locked, even though it’s no longer a trip at the home resort.

What’s happening here is the resort was booked at 7 months when a point is a point. Then op decided to swap the points used for different contracts. But the modify screen shows the padlock. MS has told me it shouldn’t but it does. In my case I need to call for the modification.

What’s happening here is the resort was booked at 7 months when a point is a point. Then op decided to swap the points used for different contracts. But the modify screen shows the padlock. MS has told me it shouldn’t but it does. In my case I need to call for the modification.
Yes, exactly. I’m the OP. When I called member services they were able to fix the issue. They said I should be able to switch which contract was used myself online, but since the lock symbol was showing, I couldn’t do it. But when I called, they did it for me and used the points I wanted to use (since neither contract had home resort priority, all points are the same), so it just seems like a glitch that I couldn’t do it online. All fixed by phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter