Switched from ASMO to POFQ - reassure me please.

Cindabella's Mom

Mouseketeer
Here's the story: I made reservations in January to stay at the ASMO for my family of 4. Got the dreamaker package. I saw the codes and called to see if we could transfer the existing reservation over to a moderate resort and what the price would be. It was $2 less than what I paying for the ASMO, so I decided to make the change since it would be a bigger room.

Then I had to make a decision on what moderate. Since I had not planned on staying at a moderate, I hadn't really researched which one we would like. I chose the POFQ. I'm hoping I made the right choice. I would love some input - pros and cons about this resort.

Thanks!

We just stayed there this February and thought this was a wonderful resort.

The buses are great because POFQ is the first bus stop on and off. It is a short bus ride to MK, Epcot and MGM. It only took about 15-20 mins to get to AK.
The boat ride to DTD is very nice. The boat also goes over to Riverside if you want to try their sit down restaurant. (It is also a short walk along a path by the river)

I thought from pictures that I had seen, that the decor would be somewhat tacky, but this was not the case at all.
I loved the gardens and the walkways. The resort is very compact so you are able to walk around without much effort.

The pool area was very nice. We liked the dragon slide. I even rode it myself! I kept wishing my kids were there to see it! Towels were located poolside and the hot tub was close by but somewhat secluded from the pool.

There are restrooms and changing area near the pool.
And of course, a nice pool bar!

We had room 5326 which was a quiet 3rd floor river view king bed room. (I requested and received!)
CM's were all very nice.
Mousekeeping left 2 towel animals and the rooms were very clean. (although the carpeting and bedspreads were a little worn - but not in bad shape).
Building 5 is close to pool, food court, and buses. Also close to boat to DTD.

The food court had a nice variety, but we did not eat here much. We were at the parks alot.

Overall, I would rate this resort an 8.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Donna

I'm thinking I made the right choice, just wanted someone's input who had stayed there. I have to admit one the reasons I picked POFQ was the picture of the pool - I know my kids will love it. Also it seemed the other moderates were very spread out and everything was closer at POFQ.

Thanks again!

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS RESORT!!!! This is my FAVORITE moderate resort and am planning on staying there, yet again in October. There are so many great things about this resort, I don't know where to start. First of all, it is one of the smallest resorts at WDW, which is a BIG plus in my book. No matter which building you are in (I highly recommend building #5), it is a quick walk to the pool, main building, foodcourt & bus stop. The main pool has a serpent water slide and there is a kiddie pool just beside it. Next to the pool is the pool bar and laundry room and just behind this building, tucked away by some high bushes, is the hot tub. The main building holds the check-in area, atm machine, store & foodcourt. The food in the foodcourt is very good (don't forget the free-refill mug -- this will save you alot of $$). Just outside the main entrance is the bus stop. Depending on the time of year, sometimes the buses run straight to the parks, while at other times they share with POR. The plus side to this is that POFQ ALWAYS is the first stop for pick-up, so you know you will get a seat. The downside is having to stop at POR's 5 bus stops. There is also (unless they have cancelled it) a shuttle boat that brings you down to Downtown Disney Marketplace. This is a beautiful ride, especially at night. You used to be able to rent bikes here, but I believe they stopped doing that. The rooms have 2 beds, with the sink area outside of the bathroom. The rooms are larger than the values. Building #5 is great for it's closeness to everything. The non-pool/water view is of a beautiful courtyard. If you get a chance, take a nice quiet stroll early in the morning. You can really take in the atmosphere and hear the soft dixie music playing in the background. I think I covered everything, but if you have any questions, just drop me a line. HAVE FUN!!!

POFQ,,

Is our SPECIAL resort!!!

All I will say is, YOU DID GOOD!!!!!

Have Fun and Enjoy your Vacation.
Chatty

No reassurance needed, you will LOVE this resort. It has a small feel to it, is quiet, the rooms are bigger, you will have 2 sinks, vs 1, the pool is great and has a slide--- the theming is especially appealing to the kids, but the adults will love it too, the theming of the resort is great and alot of fun, the food court has been newly refurbished, it only has one bus stop, and you will be the 1st on and the 1st off going to and coming from the parks. Check in is not a problem and the castmembers are terrific! There is also a boat to Downtown Disney from 4 pm until 11 pm. You will also have full access to all of the amenities offered at PO-R, as they are sister resorts connected either by a wonderful foot path, or water taxi, which means, 2 themed pools, 2 playgrounds, 2 foodcourts, 2 game rooms, 2 lounges and 2 gift shops.

You definitely made the right choice!!!:)

I really appreciate all the wonderful replies. I know I made the right choice for us now. I'm so pleased we were able to upgrade to a moderate from a budget and I'm sure we will enjoy this resort as much as all of you have.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter