Switched from YC to Swan

Anniefrances

Mouseketeer
And have zero regrets!

We love YC but the price difference led me to switch. And I gotta say, we are just as happy over here. I thought the not using magic bands would be an issue since my teens are independent enough that they often roam (and hence charge) on their own. But with room charge on resort property, it's not an issue. And gift cards in the parks solve it there for the times we may get separated.

Oh, and we love Picabu (their version of a food court - yummy, reasonably priced, good variety, and open 24/7) and The Fountain (their version of Beaches and Cream).

And for me, the highlight is that cocktails are permitted in all the pools. And the servers will literally deliver them to you IN the pool. I'm pretty sure there's no going back lol...

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpeg
    IMG_0044.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 28
Good to hear your report. Just be sure you're signed up with Bonvoy to earn points for your stay to redeem at other places or accumulate them to earn free nights at your next Swalphin stay. That's something you can't get at YC!

And have zero regrets!

We love YC but the price difference led me to switch. And I gotta say, we are just as happy over here. I thought the not using magic bands would be an issue since my teens are independent enough that they often roam (and hence charge) on their own. But with room charge on resort property, it's not an issue. And gift cards in the parks solve it there for the times we may get separated.

Oh, and we love Picabu (their version of a food court - yummy, reasonably priced, good variety, and open 24/7) and The Fountain (their version of Beaches and Cream).

And for me, the highlight is that cocktails are permitted in all the pools. And the servers will literally deliver them to you IN the pool. I'm pretty sure there's no going back lol...

All of the things that we love about The Dolphin as well! Even when staying at YC/BC or BWI, we go to Picabu for quick bites--love the make your own burrito and the pizza is far better than Disney's!

BTW, the hotels at the "Dark Side" are similar in the pool area drink service. We were pleasantly surprised to see the pool servers hand drinks to folks in the water. One of the reasons I dislike SAB and other lifeguarded pools at Disney--you can't even sit with toes and feet in the water while sipping a toddy. No problems with that at S&D or Universal.

For us the Swan/Dolphin is a no brainer! We booked a night before our Disney cruise in July for $170 a night. Yup, $170. In comparison to over $200 a night for Disney's moderate. We used to stay at the Contemporary or YC, but the $400+ per night they're charging now is insane. We even found the same rate in December and booked a week long trip! Location and price seriously cant be beat!!

Edit: We LOVE the Bluezoo lounge area for a drink and appetizer or two. You should check it out :)

I love this! We've got a long weekend booked in August before our AKL stay and I can't wait! With the way prices are going and the conversion rate to US dollars this is probably my last true onsite stay. I'm hoping we love the Dolphin as much as you do so that can be my new offsite hotel. I love the epcot area so much and can't wait to be back there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter