• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Switching around ADRS- need advice! Trattoria, B&C, O'hana

fiversmama

Earning My Ears
Thanks to this site and a dedicated Disboarder, I was able to snag a late O'hana dinner on a night we had planned to be at 8:15 CP (Trattoria 5:05).

I successfully switched us to 8:15CP (Trattoria 5:15) the night before, but I had really been looking forward to trying Beaches & Cream for the first time, and I have a 6:10 ADR there that night too.

I'm assuming it would be way too much food to do the Tutto prix fixe and follow it with just ice cream at B&C- plus not really cost effective or as enjoyable since dessert is included in the CP prix fixe.

So is O'hana dinner worth switching everything around and dropping the Beaches & Cream ADR? Is it possible to do a walkup to Beaches & Cream just for ice cream- or do you miss the soda shop experience?

Any advice would be appreciated. TIA!

O'hana is definitely better and more of an experience than B&C, IMHO. Unless you want the kitchen sink or one of the bigger sundaes, I don't really get they hype regarding B&C. It's cute, but they just serve Edy's ice cream and greasy food.

For me, it wouldn't be a matter of too much food (I've been known to have double desserts in WDW, LOL!), I just don't think you will make it to a 6:10 B&C ADR if your dinner at Trattoria is at 5:15 pm. You could definitely do take out for ice cream. That line can get a bit long, so, while you may not be sitting at a table, you will still be inside the restaurant to order and wait for your ice cream. If you want better ice cream, go to Ample Hills on the Boardwalk!

Thank you- that helps a lot. I felt myself pulled to B&C mostly BECAUSE OF the hype and how difficult an ADR seems to be... but then, O'hana...I can't turn that down! I'm just glad we don't have to lose seeing Neil Patrick Harris as the CP narrator backing it up one day.

We ate at BnC in March and absolutely loved it! It was just DH and I and we went planning on just getting dinner and some shakes, but it was way too tempting to get the kitchen sink. They turn all of the lights off and have a siren go off to announce that you are trying the kitchen sink. We seriously loved the whole experience and would definitely go back for this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter