Switching From a Deluxe to A Mod

mdboyd

Earning My Ears
Hi folks! I need some advice.

In the past, we have stayed at the Polynesian (twice) and at Wilderness Lodge (twice). We spent one weekend offsite and absolutely felt too far from the "magic." I like feeling immersed in Disney when I am there! :earboy2:

In May, we are going to WDW for six nights. I am trying to keep a tighter rein on our budget this time. As a result, I am considering "downgrading" our AKL reservations to POFQ. We have never stayed at a moderate hotel and am interested to hear from those who have stayed at both Deluxe and moderate. Did you enjoy your stay just as much? Was the deluxe definitely worth the extra money? We are looking at an additional 30 per night for our visit. Dh says "stop being so budget oriented and pay it." I just want some more input. :teeth:

Thanks in advance!

Wrong Forum. I meant to post this in Disney Resort Forum. I will try again. :sad2:

Well, then I will follow you over there, since we typically stay in deluxes and are going to try POP this time. I hope it isn't too big of a change for us.

We had always stayed at moderates in the past and have upgraded to deluxes 4 times. The last time was in January with AP rates. This will not be popular on this board, but when we were at the Poly, all I could think was I could have been staying at a moderate for half this price and been just as happy. Didn't like the WL either and I didn't pay a huge price increase. Now if we are talking the AKL or Swan it might be worth a little extra, but not double. $30. a night isn't much, you must have a great rate or I misunderstood. I might for that if it were AKL or Swan, but we are just as happy at the moderates. We are however, campers at heart and don't require too many bells and whistles and would rather not pay for them. Thats why I love Disney, something for everyone.

POFQ is a really great hotel. We love staying there. It is absolutly worth the money! The themeing is so nice. And it really has a great feel at the resort.

You wont be dissappointed in th POFQ!

The only thing I dont like about it is it does not have a sit down resturant. But that is really ok.

:cool1: We will be staying at POFQ, as well as POR, in May (20-30) also and are reallly looking forward to it. Our last trip (Sep. 04) was split between the Swan and AKL and that was wonderful. Two very different resorts in one vacation. By staying at POR we are saving a bundle of money–we got a pin code–and feel that the difference between POR and the deLuxes won‘t be that great.
I‘ve stayed at both PORs before and just love the atmosphere there. The main difference between the mods and deluxes is the lack of one‘s own personal space, as in balcony, however not all of the delux rooms have balconys either. There are restaurants, bars, pools and lots of activities, just like the big boys. The two resorts are a little bit isolated and if you like to go out in the evening to other venues and resorts, it is probably best to have a car available, or you will be taking a lot of cabs. The complete theming and beauty of these resorts is incredible and you won‘t feel that you have “downgraded” or made any sacrifice in quality at all.
Have fun and maybe we will see you there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter