Switching Park Reservations? When fully booked??

Fst96se

Earning My Ears
Hey all. We booked DHS for Friday, 6 tickets with reservations, in the event we didn’t get into ROTR today.

We booked the second day at DHS in the hopes we could switch to Epcot if we did get onto ROTR today.

Unfortunately, i can’t figure out how to switch my reservations to Epcot, and we were able to do it all at DHS today including ROTR.

Anybody have any luck making a switch when reservations are “sold out”?

While it may be possible to grab a park reservation when all is "sold out", you have to first cancel the DHS reservation with no guarantee of getting an Epcot reservation. You'll run the risk of not having a park reservation at all. Do you have hoppers? Would you be willing to tap into DHS and then hop to Epcot around 2pm? With the later park opening at Epcot, you don't miss a lot of "early" time there.

This is what I'm worried will happen to us in June. I wonder if you don't have hoppers, if there is anything else you can do. I wonder if guest services could help? They really need to make it so you can change your reservation without having to cancel first!

This is what I'm worried will happen to us in June. I wonder if you don't have hoppers, if there is anything else you can do. I wonder if guest services could help? They really need to make it so you can change your reservation without having to cancel first!
Guest services can see the same thing you do no availability. They can’t magically make park reservations open for everyone which people (not saying you but this seems to be a daily idea) think they can do. It isn’t fair to CM. There are reservations for a reason to limit capacity. If there are no reservations there’s no reservations. People need to stop thinking guest services will accommodate and make pixie dust happen. With capacity they can’t!

Wait, do you have tickets (as opposed to APs)? There is availability at Epcot Friday. So you can drop HS and then immediately reserve Epcot. Double check again right before doing so, of course.

Guest services can see the same thing you do no availability. They can’t magically make park reservations open for everyone which people (not saying you but this seems to be a daily idea) think they can do. It isn’t fair to CM. There are reservations for a reason to limit capacity. If there are no reservations there’s no reservations. People need to stop thinking guest services will accommodate and make pixie dust happen. With capacity they can’t!
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. What I meant to say is that I was wondering if guest services can see something we can't. Like could they help you look at availability before you cancel? I know they can't increase capacity for you. It seems like sometimes the calendar says it is full but people report being able to pick up a reservation anyway, or on the flip side, it says available but doesn't have enough space for your party. For example, OP has 6 tickets. What if Epcot showed availability at some point but only had 5 spaces? They wouldn't know until they cancelled their first reservation and then couldn't pick up the second. It's really a problem with the system.

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. What I meant to say is that I was wondering if guest services can see something we can't. Like could they help you look at availability before you cancel? I know they can't increase capacity for you. It seems like sometimes the calendar says it is full but people report being able to pick up a reservation anyway, or on the flip side, it says available but doesn't have enough space for your party. For example, OP has 6 tickets. What if Epcot showed availability at some point but only had 5 spaces? They wouldn't know until they cancelled their first reservation and then couldn't pick up the second. It's really a problem with the system.
Thanks for clarifying! On other posts people are recommending going to Guest Services to see if they can add 1 or 2 other people to reservations when none available. That is what I was referring to and apologize if I offended you. The advice people give when acting like GS can magically add is what is frustrating to see!

Wait, do you have tickets (as opposed to APs)? There is availability at Epcot Friday. So you can drop HS and then immediately reserve Epcot. Double check again right before doing so, of course.
You're right that they opened more Epcot early this morning but sadly all 4 parks are full for tomorrow again. :( Happy for those who secured reservations though!!

I tried that. I called Guest Services and was told they can see the same reservation calendar as I can with the grey/yellow/green dates. I called twice on two different days and got two different people, same answer. I didn't ask to add capacity, just tell me if there were any spots before I hit cancel. They told me there is no way in the technology for them to do that right now, but they get asked that a lot.

I just tried to switch my Monday 3/29 reservation from Epcot to MK and now I have to 2 separate park reservations for the 4 of us. It didn't ask me to cancel the first one. Must be some kind of glitch.

I agree with the keep checking. Our last February trip showed HS sold out on our last Friday the entire time. The Thursday night before I tried to book it for 5, and magically got in, even though it still showed as sold out. However, the other parks were not sold out so I did have them as backup just in case...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter