Switzerland may begin allowing vaccinated Americans on June 28th...

We did pay in full yesterday. It wasn't quite the hopeful fuzzy feeling I was hoping for. Per the vacationista, "our trip is not confirmed" STILL. I'm not sure why. Both countries are open. They have 30 travellers and they were happy to take our money but they still aren't guarantying that we're going. I'm not sure why they declined to take our payment 2 days ago as absolutely nothing has changed except now they have "more" of our money.
Which trip are you taking? My wife and I are on a Rhine river cruise at the end of September.

Since the US requires a negative covid test shortly before flying back to the US, do you have any idea how that would be handled?

Which trip are you taking? My wife and I are on a Rhine river cruise at the end of September.

Since the US requires a negative covid test shortly before flying back to the US, do you have any idea how that would be handled?
AbD has this info in their Health & Safety protocols under Testing -

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/important-updates/

Reentry Into the US (International Adventures Only)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires anyone 2 years of age and over entering or reentering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within 3 calendar days before boarding their flight, or proof of recovery from the virus within the previous 90 days. Prior to the trip, Adventures by Disney will provide Guests with information on how to obtain the required testing. Details will be unique to the specific point of departure for reentry.

We did pay in full yesterday. It wasn't quite the hopeful fuzzy feeling I was hoping for. Per the vacationista, "our trip is not confirmed" STILL. I'm not sure why. Both countries are open. They have 30 travellers and they were happy to take our money but they still aren't guarantying that we're going. I'm not sure why they declined to take our payment 2 days ago as absolutely nothing has changed except now they have "more" of our money.

Any updates? I saw on Facebook that Backroads has started it's first Switzerland trip this week and thought of this tread.

We are doing a Rhine trip in September also (Scenic River Cruises)
We've both been vaccinated, but plan to get a COVID test a day before we leave, just in case they ask for a recent negative test result.
I believe Swiss are requiring only one or the other.

I don't think a negative <PCR> test result is required for US citizens to return home. <Just the monitored self-test>

Last edited:
As of a few months ago, United (and probably other airlines too) would sell you an approved at-home test that you could take within 3 days of travel to meet the U.S. requirement. You could do the test (via computer supervision) from your hotel room.

We are doing a Rhine trip in September also (Scenic River Cruises)
We've both been vaccinated, but plan to get a COVID test a day before we leave, just in case they ask for a recent negative test result.
I believe Swiss are requiring only one or the other.

I don't think a negative test result is required for US citizens to return home.
I thought about that, too, but then I worried about a false positive test so I plan to rely on vaccine card. I am hoping Germany (we leave from Munich) accepts my vaccine card, their requirements are very detailed.

As of a few months ago, United (and probably other airlines too) would sell you an approved at-home test that you could take within 3 days of travel to meet the U.S. requirement. You could do the test (via computer supervision) from your hotel room.
For river cruises, I believe AmaWaterways and ABD will facilitate the required return home test for US and Canadians.

My understanding is that ABD will be handling the logistics of it, and will send you the details before you leave for your trip. (They probably don't want to send stuff like that out too early, as it's all in flux and could easily change.)

This is what is currently on the ABD website:

Reentry Into the US (International Adventures Only)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires anyone 2 years of age and over entering or reentering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within 3 calendar days before boarding their flight, or proof of recovery from the virus within the previous 90 days. Prior to the trip, Adventures by Disney will provide Guests with information on how to obtain the required testing. Details will be unique to the specific point of departure for reentry.

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/important-updates/

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter