Swoop out of Hamilton - Customs Question

cckp72

Fairy In Training
Hi friends, we usually fly out of Buffalo to MCO, so we cross the US border in the car. We found a flight from Swoop out of Hamilton for less than what we normally pay in US dollars for Southwest. SCORE! So we are taking a quick Christmas trip, just hubby and I <3

The only thing is the timing kind of sucks, we don't arrive to MCO until 830pm on a Saturday night. My question is how long does the customs line get, and I am correct in assuming that the US customs will be in MCO? Way, way back pre 9/11 we would fly from TO to states and the customs was on the Cdn side.

Just trying to budget our time for this travel day. Any insight is appreciated.

Flying out of Hamilton you will go through customs at MCO. Our last trip we arrived around that exact same time and customs was not busy so hopefully you’ll have the same.

When flying out of YYZ you still clear US customs before your flight like you remember.

Are you using ME? If you are, keep in mind that you will have to pick up any checked bags before going through customs. They won’t automatically go to your resort.

Hope this helps!

Flying out of Hamilton you will go through customs at MCO. Our last trip we arrived around that exact same time and customs was not busy so hopefully you’ll have the same.

When flying out of YYZ you still clear US customs before your flight like you remember.

Are you using ME? If you are, keep in mind that you will have to pick up any checked bags before going through customs. They won’t automatically go to your resort.

Hope this helps!
That helps a ton! Thank you so much!! :)

Hi friends, we usually fly out of Buffalo to MCO, so we cross the US border in the car. We found a flight from Swoop out of Hamilton for less than what we normally pay in US dollars for Southwest. SCORE! So we are taking a quick Christmas trip, just hubby and I <3

The only thing is the timing kind of sucks, we don't arrive to MCO until 830pm on a Saturday night. My question is how long does the customs line get, and I am correct in assuming that the US customs will be in MCO? Way, way back pre 9/11 we would fly from TO to states and the customs was on the Cdn side.

I'm actually flying out of Hamilton on Swoop on Saturday. We will get into Orlando at 8:10. I can check back in on the thread and let you know.

I'm actually flying out of Hamilton on Swoop on Saturday. We will get into Orlando at :duck:8:10. I can check back in on the thread and let you know.

That would be great, thank you! Enjoy your trip, I hope you have a magical time!!

Ok so last night our flight arrived a few minutes early. We took about half an hour to get through customs and one plane landed before ours. The line moved quickly it was just a lot of people. My experience is that customs in Toronto took waaaaay longer. We got to our room before 10pm.

Ok so last night our flight arrived a few minutes early. We took about half an hour to get through customs and one plane landed before ours. The line moved quickly it was just a lot of people. My experience is that customs in Toronto took waaaaay longer. We got to our room before 10pm.
Thank you so much Ellbell!! This really helps me alot! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter