SWOOP

mort1331

DIS Veteran
Ok need some help,,,Swoop is coming up with some great deals for us,,flying to FT.Laud. for March break, then driving to WDW.
I know they are the cheaper Westjet, but do they change their flight days? Times? How reliable?
Not worried about luggage,,,I am driving down and picking up the girls at the airport so I will have all their luggage,,,they just walk on and off.
Just not sure about them.
All prices for March break for 3 of them is coming out over $2k and closer to 2.5k,,,,crazy
Should we just pull the plug on swoop and try them out, saving over 1k

Ok Youngest son flew with SWOOP within the last 6 months. Arizona and B.C.
He is currently rebooking another holiday to Mexico (Feb 2023) with them.

He says .....................................
He had no cancellation or reschedule of flights.
Do not expect food or drinks on board... bring your own.
No chargers for phone or laptop on board.
Pre seat selection cost extra.
Baggage cost extra.....

Now FLAIR Airlines he says no way never again.

Hope that helps

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I knew Swoop is no no no frills,,,but I will have all their luggage,,,they will just have small bags with their phones and chargers and show down loaded...they can suck it up if I am driving down , so they can just hop on a plane and meet me down there....Now,,I have no prob driving and will enjoy and stop on the way for my own mini self vacation.

I knew Swoop is no no no frills,,,but I will have all their luggage,,,they will just have small bags with their phones and chargers and show down loaded...they can suck it up if I am driving down , so they can just hop on a plane and meet me down there....Now,,I have no prob driving and will enjoy and stop on the way for my own mini self vacation.
Yep I say it is a short flight and they should be fine. Now if this backfires and doesn't work will I still get a jar of strawberry 🍓 Jam next year?
Have fun organizing and planning Hon.
Hugs Mel

I’ve flown to and from Edmonton with Swoop and flew into St Petes in Florida with them last week. I didn’t find them any better or worse than any other airline ( I’ve recently flown Westjet and Southwest as well). No frills as you know but safe and clean. The huge advantage was being able to fly in and out of smaller airports than YYZ . It was so easy to go through St Petes and Hamilton.

The Bad…They don’t have as many flights so if your flight is delayed or cancelled you are out of luck to rebook for a few days. As long as people know that and are comfortable with the risk they are a good option.

To be honest I’m way less impressed with the so called better carriers ( Westjet and Air Canada) with all of their schedule changes and cancellation and refusing to refund peoples money. They haven’t been as reliable as they should be when they are charging astronomical fares.

The Bad…They don’t have as many flights so if your flight is delayed or cancelled you are out of luck to rebook for a few days. As long as people know that and are comfortable with the risk they are a good option.
^^ This.

I have flown Swoop before and had a great flight. No issues.

My wife's family are all in the Niagara region. Swoop is our go to airline for flying from Edmonton to Hamilton. Way easier for the in-laws to pick us up compared to Pearson. All in all we've had good experiences. One 2 hour delay coming home out of probably 10 trips was the only issue we had. We just grabbed a drink and watched the hockey game until the plane arrived.

Pre-Covid I would have given the same advice as most people above. Smaller airline with less departures would make life difficult if your flight is cancelled etc. so you are accepting that risk.

However, it would seen that Air Canada and Westjet are currently no more reliable then anyone else as far as cancellations and flight changes go. Especially out of Pearson.

I have flown out of Hamilton many times (not on Swoop yet) and have had a great experience every time so far.

Thanks all,,,looks like they now have a flight from Pearson to Fort Lauderdale for under 1k for all 3 of them,,,pulling the plug soon.

Our fight to Abbotsford at the end of September has been changed three times since I booked with the latest change being a 7 hour delay coming home. I’ve heard of flight changes within Canada occurring. I purchased flight and baggage insurance and apparently there are payouts for anything over a flight change after six hours

SWOOP announced flights from London to Orlando for this winter. The article says MCO then later says Sanford. It’s Sanford. So make sure you know which airport you’re flying into.

Our fight to Abbotsford at the end of September has been changed three times since I booked with the latest change being a 7 hour delay coming home. I’ve heard of flight changes within Canada occurring. I purchased flight and baggage insurance and apparently there are payouts for anything over a flight change after six hours
Wondering,,,if just a time change,,would you have a option to cancel without charge? Might book,,and if they make such a change,,,then have some flex on who and where,,,if they stay then all great.

Wondering,,,if just a time change,,would you have a option to cancel without charge? Might book,,and if they make such a change,,,then have some flex on who and where,,,if they stay then all great.
Yes, we had that option but only those dates worked. It’s not a great hardship, just an extra car rental day.

https://www.airportia.com/airlines/swoop/

Stumbled across this site through another site. Seems a few cancelled flights the last few days but mostly on time or late.

I'm looking to fly down early Feb, willing to take a chance from London (our hometown).

Have flown twice before. Once was a hellish return home (flight cancelled, drove to Tampa to catch a flight back to Hamilton), but other flights were ok.

We used Swoop to travel Winnipeg to Sanford return last Christmas. It was easy breezy after the initial few flight change times about a month or two prior to the trip (which has happened to us almost every other time we've booked with anyone). I came home and read the horror stories and thought it must be a joke.

I would not assume you can have the same carryon limits as the mainline carriers - sunwing for sure is much lighter/smaller. Not sure about swoop but worth looking up.

FYI
Swoop Airline Luggage

https://www.flyswoop.com/baggage/?u...MI6sSruaOP-gIV5cLCBB1SYALXEAAYASAAEgKaNPD_BwE

Personal Item 💻 💼 🎒 👜

Max size: 41cm x 15cm x 33cm (16” x 6” x 13”)

Examples can include purses, laptop bags, briefcases, small backpacks, tote bags

Carry-on 🧳

Max size: 52cm x 23cm x 38cm (21” x 9” x 15”)

Examples can include small suitcases, small duffel bags

Checked Bag 🧳

Max size: 157cm (62”) total combined dimensions Max weight: 23kg (50lbs)

Examples can include large suitcases, large duffel bags

Hugs Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter