Sydney Dis-meet anyone???

So when should we all get together again??

Ok, so someone needs to make a suggestion, so I will start if you like and we can go from there!

Venue needs to be somewhere in Sydney that is big enough to fit us loud lot and that has something to suit everyone! The last one was at Outback Jacks in Penrith which we all seemed to enjoy! There was also mention of Yum Cha and as I live in the Newcastle area, I am not too familiar with a good Yum Cha spot, so someone may be able to suggest somewhere nice:thumbsup2

There were also a couple of Disers who would have preferred to go somewhere in the city area, so that may be an option too? I am happy to go just about anywhere and will be booking accommodation, so I am easy as to where it is.

As for a date, well, we should probably check on peoples availability. I think we need at least a few weeks notice to give everyone time to get organised! Maybe the first weekend in March?

Ok, so please throw in your suggestions........... you know what they say, the more the merrier!

I know we can all work together to make this a top night! And as for a theme, we all wore something Disney last time and that seemed to work! Maybe we could have a best Disney hat competition too!!!??? Or, we all have to wear at least one item with Mickey on it??? Again, throw in your thoughts!!!

Can't wait!!!:goodvibes

Thanks Minnie Sue. I am free the first weekend in March. I am also open to other dates though.

Outback was good and I'm open to anywhere in Sydney from out here (west) to the city. Yum Cha sounds good but I'm no expert on venues. I've only been once and that was in Castle Hill.

I think we just need to keep throwing around suggestions.

Morning all!!!

I have had a couple of other suggestions for venues -

Pancakes On The Rocks - they have a few locations that would suit.

Hogs Breath - they also have quite a few locations in the Sydney area.

If we could get everyone to post with a date and a preferred location, we can compile a list and narrow it down from there if you like!

I did suggest the first weekend in March, but again, this is a group thing and I am sure we can work round suiting everyone!

Cheers

Sue

Ok, so someone needs to make a suggestion, so I will start if you like and we can go from there!

Venue needs to be somewhere in Sydney that is big enough to fit us loud lot and that has something to suit everyone! The last one was at Outback Jacks in Penrith which we all seemed to enjoy! There was also mention of Yum Cha and as I live in the Newcastle area, I am not too familiar with a good Yum Cha spot, so someone may be able to suggest somewhere nice:thumbsup2

There were also a couple of Disers who would have preferred to go somewhere in the city area, so that may be an option too? I am happy to go just about anywhere and will be booking accommodation, so I am easy as to where it is.

As for a date, well, we should probably check on peoples availability. I think we need at least a few weeks notice to give everyone time to get organised! Maybe the first weekend in March?

Ok, so please throw in your suggestions........... you know what they say, the more the merrier!

I know we can all work together to make this a top night! And as for a theme, we all wore something Disney last time and that seemed to work! Maybe we could have a best Disney hat competition too!!!??? Or, we all have to wear at least one item with Mickey on it??? Again, throw in your thoughts!!!

Can't wait!!!:goodvibes

Sue, we're practically neighbours - I live on the Central Coast!

The city would be great for me, but am happy to go wherever. 1st week in March is good for me:thumbsup2

Sue, we're practically neighbours - I live on the Central Coast!

The city would be great for me, but am happy to go wherever. 1st week in March is good for me:thumbsup2

I haven't posted much, but wanted to say I am a fellow Central Coast disser! :wave:

Zilver is right near central station/chinatown in Sydney
It has excellent Yum Cha

Lunch I think is a better idea...

Hi all:flower3:

Seems we have a few interested in getting together which is great.

I am happy to start organising this if that suits everyone?

I was thinking the fairest way to try and keep everyone happy is to get those of you who would like to attend to name a place and wether they would like to do lunch or dinner. We could then compile the results and go with the majority.

I understand that we may not get this to suit eveyone due to work or other commitments etc, but I hope we can please as many as possible.

The date seems to be good for most, so shall we say Saturday the 3rd of March?

Ok, so to kick this off, here goes. If you will add your requests to the list that will be great!

Minnie Sue Oz - Dinner - Pancakes on the Rocks

Hi Hi

If it's not too late I would love to join in, we just got back from 5weeks in the US 2 weeks at WDW and 4 nights on the Disney Dream Cruise ship. We want to go back NOW. But for now we are planning on a holiday to HK disney in 2013 and a return trip to WDW and the Disney Cruise in 2015. Yes a long way off but the planning keeps the holiday blues away. :lmao:

I was part of a Disney Christmas Exchange and a Disney FE exchange so I have lots of info and ideas to share with you all.

Chat soon

Jen

Pancakes on the Rocks has my vote, I haven't been there since I was a teenager:scared1:

Lunch or dinner is fine with me, my MIL lives in the city and I'll stay at her place, yay for some kid-free me-time!

hey

I'm in for march 3rd, pancakes sounds great.....I think they let you book and have seperate spaces for larger groups.....lunch would be good.

Can't do the 3rd, my grandmas nursing home is having a fun raiser on....off to the hunter valley all for a good cause! But have fun guys...looking forward to hearing all about it!

I am keen. I am in Newcastle so somewhere in the city would be good and lunch works best for me. I will probably catch the train, so if any of you Newcastle/Central Coast DISers are interested, we could coordinate that same train.

hey

re travel..

I'll be coming from westmead on the train, so any train buddies would be good....

did we want to bump it to 10 march so Kyl can make it??

Lunch is better - I would rather not be on the train at night.:eek:

Oh and I will be coming from Penrith, Karen, but will probably be on a mountains train - sometimes they stop at Westmead -

3rd or 10th would suit me.!

I'm happy for 3rd or 10th. I will be on the same line as battymum and Karen. I'll be getting on at Rooty Hill. :scared1:

I'm just a tad excited! :woohoo:

hey

all trains stop at westmead :dance3: so no probs hooking up with penrith line people.....

march 10th for lunch at pancakes at the rocks sounds good for me......how about everyone else???

I should be over my jet lag from Hawaii by then pirate:

Oh thats so kind of you guys to change the day. The 10th of March sounds great to me as well...ummmmm pancakes nom nom! Anyone coming from the Shire area?

So, lunch at Pancakes On The Rocks on the 10th March......................I'm there!!!!!!!

Sooooo excited!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter