Sylvester in Palo

oklamomof4boys

DIS Veteran
Last time we were on the Magic (a few years ago) Sylvester was our server in Palo and he was incredible! We are going to finally be back on the Magic in March. Does anyone know if he is still there?

Yes, he is still there. Or at least he was back in November. We did the Jamaica cruise on the Magic, and he was our server in Palo. We also did the Transatlantic in May, and he was our server there also. All of the Palo servers we've had, have been great, but Sylvester is one of the best. Great guy!

Yes, he is still there. Or at least he was back in November. We did the Jamaica cruise on the Magic, and he was our server in Palo. We also did the Transatlantic in May, and he was our server there also. All of the Palo servers we've had, have been great, but Sylvester is one of the best. Great guy!

Wonderful! Can you request a server at Palo and if so how do you go about doing that?

I've never requested a server for Palo, but I would imagine that you could do this, when you board the ship. Just go to the Palo reservations area (different areas, on the different ships). Or you could stop by Palo a day (or 2) before your reservation, and request this. Like I said, I've never done this, but I'm sure they would try to accommodate you. Disney usually does:thumbsup2

Sylvester is the BEST!

He was so incredible- it was my oldest son's first time at Palo (he was 19) and Sylvester wanted him to try EVERYTHING! He brought us a small serving of everything on the menu both brunch and dinner. And if we wanted more of it, he brought more. He made a huge fuss over my son- very memorable for him!And don't worry- none of the food went to waste-lol. Teenage boys can pack away the food (and mom and dad did their fair share too).

Palo server requests are only handled on board.

Sylvester was our server in Palo on the Magic transatlantic cruise in September.

Denise

We were so lucky to have him as our head server back in 2012. He told us he was going back to Palo sometime after our cruise. I will look for him in Palo if I get the opportunity to cruise Magic again. He is awesome!!

Sylvester was our server for both dinner and brunch on the Magic last November. He was awesome! I have a food allergy and he made sure the chef make me special separate dishes that I could eat safely. I'm kind of bummed that I'm going to be on the Dream next cruise because Sylvester won't be there. Okay, who am I kidding, I'm not bummed to be on ANY Disney ship! But I will miss having Sylvester as our Palo server :)

We just went on the Magic in May 2018 and had the pleasure of having Sylvester. It was such an amazing experience that we went right back and had Luca the main host get us into dinner the last night! Ask for Sylvester! He has been on the magic for 18 years!!

Wonderful! Can you request a server at Palo and if so how do you go about doing that?

I request a server on the Magic, who is another CM and excellent.

I have it noted on my reservation when I have booked Palo, and also when I check in at Palo the first time requesting him, all my Palo meals.

Sylvester is the best. We have had him many times. I miss him when we are not on the Magic. He remembers us between cruises- he even remembers my boys' names ( once they turn 18, they get to come to Palo with us. He has always been their first Palo server). On the cruise before my youngest turned 18, it was just me and my husband. He asked about the boys and even said, "There's one more I haven't met yet. When do I get to meet him?" His memory is incredible. When we went to lunch at serenity bay he was working there and he made my boys special dishes. He said he doesn't see many 18-25 year old in Palo and my boys love to eat so he loves them!

Another vote for Sylvester. He always makes our Palo experiences wonderful.

Sylvester is truly the reason we love Palo! He has made our experiences there super special, knows that we like to try many different things and makes it happen! When we were arriving at brunch this past March, the host made a joke about not believing that anyone would request Sylvester. It seems he is super popular! And for good reason.

First thought on seeing the title. There are no characters in Palo. Next thought, Sylvester is a Warner Bothers character. Next was I tawt I taw a Puddy tat! Have a wonderful day!

We request Susana on the Wonder every time we go. I usually go and request her when we get on board while the Palo team are taking dining reservations. If the server is just coming back from vacation they may not be in the Palo rotation yet - we've actually been able to request her as part of our dining team in the main dining room when this happened to us last time.

We request Susana on the Wonder every time we go. I usually go and request her when we get on board while the Palo team are taking dining reservations. If the server is just coming back from vacation they may not be in the Palo rotation yet - we've actually been able to request her as part of our dining team in the main dining room when this happened to us last time.
Susana is great also. We would gladly welcome her as our server anytime we are in Palo on the Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter