• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

T-Rex manager worked after testing positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both would. If this did occur, Disney should be shutting them down and looking at possibly pulling their lease.

Hi. Pleased to meet you Extreme Measures. Pulling their lease? Good grief.

It's Florida (or Flori - Duh), which hasn't exactly been on the cutting edge of Covid safety. Hence the immense spike in cases the past few weeks.

This isn’t surprising. Restaurants across the country aren’t disclosing positives. In Dallas in particular there are dozens of companies refusing to disclose when they have positive tests.

It's called HIPPA. And disclosure laws are different from state to state. We've had a few restaurants (I bartend part time), that have had positive cases locally. They can't say who, or when they tested positive.

Another thing everyone has to understand, is that the service industry is highly regulated already for cleanliness, etc. We had a health inspector visit us twice in the first week alone to watch how we were cleaning, our set up, etc.

Hi. Pleased to meet you Extreme Measures. Pulling their lease? Good grief.

It's Florida (or Flori - Duh), which hasn't exactly been on the cutting edge of Covid safety. Hence the immense spike in cases the past few weeks.

It's called HIPPA. And disclosure laws are different from state to state. We've had a few restaurants (I bartend part time), that have had positive cases locally. They can't say who, or when they tested positive.

Another thing everyone has to understand, is that the service industry is highly regulated already for cleanliness, etc. We had a health inspector visit us twice in the first week alone to watch how we were cleaning, our set up, etc.
HIPAA- does not apply in this case.

Curious how HIPPA doesn't apply?

Yeah, same. Since I have multiple friends managing restaurants and they've said they can't disclose due to HIPAA.

I'm also on our local School Board, and we can't release names of staff that have contracted COVID due to HIPAA, so..........

Last edited:
My husband works for a large co. In ny. His boss came to work knowing he was sick, had a meeting with everyone and went home not feeling well. 5 days later...we had it. It happens, some people don't care.

any medical results are covered with HIPPA.
The word is HIPAA... and in the work place the word that protects your private medical information is referred to as PHI. HIPAA does not apply outside of the medical field.

And yes, your medical results are protected under PHI. They will not need to discuss or disclose who has what, but they are required or should be required to put out a notice to all persons who potentially came into contact with said individual. That can be done without violating anyone’s PHI.

1. It's HIPAA.
2. It doesn't apply here because the person's private information isn't being shared. You can still announce that a member of the restaurant's staff is infected without sharing their protected information.

Agree. saying "somebody here was infected" is different then "old john boy over in accounting department on the 2nd floor got the rona"

There is nothing stopping them from saying an employee tested positive. My work has had multiple confirmed cases. Each time they tell us so many employees have tested positive and these were the last dates in the office etc. anyone with close contact was warned. They don’t give a name but they have a duty to inform us.

So which one of you are attorneys that know all about HIPPAH*?

Up here, we can disclose that someone was tested positive, but cannot disclose who.

* Clearly I'm just going to take my typo, and now mistype HIPPA, into HIPPAH, HIPAAAAH, HIPHIPHORAY, since that clearly is the most important point of this discussion. :dance3:

So which one of you are attorneys that know all about HIPPAH*?

Up here, we can disclose that someone was tested positive, but cannot disclose who.

* Clearly I'm just going to take my typo, and now mistype HIPPA, into HIPPAH, HIPAAAAH, HIPHIPHORAY, since that clearly is the most important point of this discussion. :dance3:

🤔

HIPAA is only binding upon Health Care Providers and Health Insurance Companies. If anyone told you otherwise, they were mistaken.

Source:
hhs.gov/sites/default/files/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/consumer_rights.pdf

Last edited:
any medical results are covered with HIPPA.
HIPAA does not bind business owners who have found out that an employee has tested positive from releasing that fact to the public. The argument that it does is incorrect on multiple levels. In fact, failing to release that fact to persons who had been in the restaurant could potentially open the business up to liability.

Reading the actual HIPP a zoom a zoom AHHHHH PDF, helps.

"For example, your doctor cannot give it to your employer, or share it for things like marketing and advertising, without your written authorization."

So you can test positive, and they CANNOT share it to your employer without YOUR authorization. So it's on the individual. Not the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter