TA making reservations

newrygirl

DIS Veteran
I have always booked my own trips but this year I had a TA book my disney cruise, she is awesome and very helpful so i had her book my upcoming WL stay also, she has offered to book all my dining for me and I am unsure wether to let her or do it myself, I have always done it myself before and was wondering if any disers have let their TA handle their dining reservations, do they usually book them as soon as your booking window opens and do they normally get everything you want?

I have no experience letting anyone book my trips or adrs, simply because if adjustments need to be made on the fly who knows me better than me????

That said, I can say adr's are a different ball game than trips. Ressies are usually tweaked or changed more than full trips.
So if you are one that has changed ressies in the past do it yourself, because if she does them she has to change them.

JMO

thats what I was wondering, if I will be able to change things around if I want, when a TA makes your dining reservations wouldn't she then give me the reservation #s and I can then change things if I want, thats what I am not sure of? anyone know?

No, when a TA does your reservations then she/he has to change them. Not sure of the logistics of it all but you are not allowed to change anything that a TA does. They are the only ones that have access or are allowed to change it. I would assume this means there is an id # that they have to give or something.

I always book my reservation through a TA but always do my ADRs myself. It's so easy now being able to play around with times and such online. Plus, I think it's fun to see which ones you can get!

No, when a TA does your reservations then she/he has to change them. Not sure of the logistics of it all but you are not allowed to change anything that a TA does. They are the only ones that have access or are allowed to change it. I would assume this means there is an id # that they have to give or something.

I am wondering.. Is this a new change.. The reason i asked, we used a TA in 2007 and she made the reservations for the ADR's but we made a few of the changes ourselves and my parents even called and changed one..

We booked our trip last year with a TA who offered to make our ADR's. I ended up doing them myself (had to make them over the phone) in case what I wanted to match up with our touring plan didn't match up and a decision had to be made on the fly as change things around, which is exactly what happened so I was glad I did them myself. Much easier than trying to communicate all the possible alternatives to the TA. We got everything we wanted, just not the day I had originally planned for.

I am a TA and I always offer to make all my client's dining reservations. Almost all of them take me up on that offer :goodvibes

If your TA makes your reservations, she can give you all the confirmation numbers and you can absolutely change things as you wish on the Disney Dining phone line. It is only your main resort/package reservation that you will not have authorization to make adjustments to.

For what it's worth, I find that my TA online dining website often is faster and has fewer issues than the general site on Disney's website.

Good luck, I hope you get all the reservations you are looking for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter