• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Table for one but not 2 at Be Our Guest?

karen4546

DIS Veteran
I am looking for a Be Our Guest at 8:00 in April. I can get a table for ONE but not a table for TWO. The earliest available for TWO is 8:35. The park opens at 9am. Will they let us in with the "early" crowd for our 8:35 reservation or will we have to wait until later? I have only had reservations for 8am and 8:05 for PPO and they let us in around 7:30ish.

Still boggles me why they have a reservation for ONE at 8am and not TWO. :(

That is really odd. I have never seen a 1 person table at WDW. As a solo traveler, I usually have to book for a party of 2 instead of 1 because for some reason tables for 1 does not pop up. I would call and ask.

I thought it was because BOG at breakfast (and lunch) is a counter service where you seat yourself, so rather than tables, they are counting seats.

You can book the 8:35 for two because everyone with PPO reservations will be let in at the same time.

I thought it was because BOG at breakfast (and lunch) is a counter service where you seat yourself, so rather than tables, they are counting seats.

You can book the 8:35 for two because everyone with PPO reservations will be let in at the same time.

i was not sure on this since they let people into the parks early anyway and 8:35 is about when they start letting them in. Got 2 reservations one person each for 8am. I had to use my phone and desktop simultaneously but it worked.

I don't ever recall seeing a table for one when making reservations, two was usually the smallest available. That is unusual.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe they only have 1 spot left before hitting fire code capacity

Staffing, kitchen capacity, fire code capacity, and seating arrangements are all things that factor in to how many reservation spaces are open for a time slot.

At breakfast, you seat yourself. The reservation system assumes a party of 2 is not going to sit with a party of 4 they don’t know in order to fill up a table for 6 (you certainly can if all parties are agreeable to this but it usually doesn’t happen). It also assumes a party of 1 or 2 isn’t going to take a table meant for 6 all to themselves BUT it could happen (and I’ve seen it happen) and they have to have some buffer for that as well.

That said, if you need room for 2 you can book an ADR for 1 person first and then book another ADR for the second person close to the time of the first person’s reservation. So you could book at 9 and 9:15. They will allow you in together and you can sit wherever you like.

I’ve seen table for 1 at BOG plenty of times. Sometimes you have to piece together resvs over there. You can either book the 8:30 for 2 and get in with everyone else, or book 2 separate resvs for 1 if it will let you. You would need to book the 2nd one thru your companion’s MDE account, so obvioulsy a little more work involved. I had to do this twice in the past in order to get my family of 4 all in around the same time.

I have lunch booked for my husband and I... 2 separate reservations 5 minutes apart

My wife had the same thing happen, she wanted to take our youngest and could only find a single person reservation. After checking for a few days, she found another reservation for 1, it is for 5 minutes after hers.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe they only have 1 spot left before hitting fire code capacity

This. If you're meaning 8:00am, the ADRs are strictly by capacity under fire codes. During breakfast and lunch, there can absolutely be room for 1 but not 2 (or 3 but not 4, etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter