Table service at Saratoga Springs!

SaratogaShan

DIS Veteran
I am probably a day late and a dollar short here....I just read on the All Ears news letter that the Turf Club will undergo construction beginning November to become the Turf Club bar and grille. It will be complete summer 2006 and will offer inside and outside table service seating for lunch and dinner! Is this what everyone has been waiting for? :flower:

Yep, that has been announced here too. I think it is a needed amenity.

I JUST READ MY NEWS LETTER!!!!! SWEET.

From AllEarsNet

"The Turf Club at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa will become the Turf Club Bar and Grill on November 1st. With the name change will come an expanded menu. The Bar and Grill will serve signature drinks, sandwiches and other American favorites. Seating will be both inside and outside with table service for lunch and dinner. Construction on the dining area will begin in November with a Summer 2006 opening. While under contruction, the current dining area will remain open".

HOW WONDERFUL!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

we spent alittle time browsing through the turf club & the patio outside, on our stay last month. it seems like a perfect place to put a a nice restaurant!!!! :goodvibes

Yesssss!

BTW, what does the turf club currently offer? is it a counter service place?

MrsNick said:
Yesssss!

Isn't it just a bar? I cannot remember actually. I think it was closed when we walked through it.

I am not sure about the Bar part. We visited during the day time. There was a pool table, a big TV and board/card games. It reminded me of Big Murgies Den.

It opens in the evening and closes around 11 pm or Midnight. They serve drinks and bar food, ie wings and some other items on a small table top menu.

On the Member Cruise, Jim Lewis, admitted that DVC thought that the proximity to DTD and the Kitchens in the units would be sufficient for SSR. However, the membership let them know loud and clear that they did not want to cook on vacation (Everyone laughed at this) He showed the drawings of the TCB&G indoor and outdoor dining area and everyone applauded.

I think this restaurant will have some great views, especially at night. It will overlook golf, water, and DTD.

DH & I thought that the Turf Club was a really nice spot but we would not be visiting that often because of the odd hours. Now we'll get there more often, for sure.

MrsNick said:
Yesssss!

It isn't counter service. They have a bar tender who waits on you at your table.
They have yummy saratoga chips! Blue cheese sauce on freshly made warm potato chips (and other munchies). and really good martinis. :drinking1 . MMMMMMMMMMM. Now I have a craving. :goodvibes

That is great news....what a good use for the patio area. We have taken our drinks to the patio numerous times and we have been the only ones.

Cant wait!

Will it be closes completely during the rehab what about the pool table will there be access to this ?

My husband and my friend's husband enjoyed a lunch there after playing golf at LBV. They enjoyed it and got a discount too. I can so see that area opening up and being a table service restaurant for SSR. Smaller than a usual restaurant or same size? Now they need to have a little more options at Artist Palette and SSR owners may never leave the property! LOL

I'm unclear on the opening...will it be OPEN for lunch & dinner in November, or just starting renovation then? We are staying there in January and it would be great to have it open then!!!

That is exciting news. Both DW and I were hoping something might happen at SSR. Only next summer we plan to stay somewhere else, I guess we will have to go over to SSR for lunch or dinner once.

1) The new menu starts November 1st.
2) It is a sandwich and snacks menu, not a true dinner meal menu.

Are they taking ADRs? Surely with so many people interested in this option they may get booked up quickly on busy weeks??

Can't wait to try it.

Susan

We made a special visit over to SSR on our recent trip to the world and we were impressed with how much progress there had been since we purchased.
The turf club and surrounding area was very appealing but definately not utilized to its fullest.
with the "Bar and Grill" - now you're talking!
:earboy2:

Where exactly at SSR is this located? Is it in the LBV clubhouse? Would it be easily accessible from the boat launch, so we get there by boat from OKW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter