Tables in wonderland

My TIW is still valid for my next trip and I understand that it is being extended for (I think it was) 4 months because of shut down. I won't benefit from that but I'm sure others will.

My TIW is still valid for my next trip and I understand that it is being extended for (I think it was) 4 months because of shut down. I won't benefit from that but I'm sure others will.
I had an idea of what our extended expiration of our TIW was, but we stopped by GS and they consulted a chart to verify. We are done until they hopefully begin sales again.

I had an idea of what our extended expiration of our TIW was, but we stopped by GS and they consulted a chart to verify. We are done until they hopefully begin sales again.
How long was the extension on yours, roughly? Was it just the 117 days the parks were closed, or that plus an extra 30 days like APs, or something different?

We LOVE TIW and ours expired June 2020. Now that it is December, are we basically done? Jeez I cant remember the last time we didnt have TIW!!

How long was the extension on yours, roughly? Was it just the 117 days the parks were closed, or that plus an extra 30 days like APs, or something different?
It was the 117/4 months. Our card said 5/31/2020 and it expired 9/30/2020 after extension.

I thought that TIW was on hold at this point. that they were not being sold? Can someone clarify that please. We are planning a trip in July.

I thought that TIW was on hold at this point. that they were not being sold? Can someone clarify that please. We are planning a trip in July.
New ones aren’t being sold (and there never have been “renewals”), but existing ones are being honored and had their expiration dates extended to make up for the closure.

Just returned from a 5 night stay. Our TIW expired on 11/30. I knew about the 4 month extension but my biggest issue was that none of the restaurants that we "frequently" visit and that honor TIW were open. I purchase TIW under the premise that I will visit a certain amount of times and plan my dining accordingly. I went to Guest Relations and they seemed to have a playbook about compensating for that "inconvenience". I was happy that they offered a gift card to offset what I thought I was buying into.

Just returned from a 5 night stay. Our TIW expired on 11/30. I knew about the 4 month extension but my biggest issue was that none of the restaurants that we "frequently" visit and that honor TIW were open. I purchase TIW under the premise that I will visit a certain amount of times and plan my dining accordingly. I went to Guest Relations and they seemed to have a playbook about compensating for that "inconvenience". I was happy that they offered a gift card to offset what I thought I was buying into.
No kidding? They gave you a gift card?
I wonder if that is policy, or if they just hooked you up.
I may have to visit them and ask...

No kidding? They gave you a gift card?
I wonder if that is policy, or if they just hooked you up.
I may have to visit them and ask...
Yes, they did. $40 GC. The CM went through some binder to look things up so there appears to be some established protocol for the refund. It may increase or decrease based on when you purchased TIW.

TIW is dead. Yes, my family hates this, as we have bought TIW for a good 12 years.
This was NEVER a renewal program. NEW CARD, every year.
That card is no longer for sale. Hence? Program DEAD.

If I'm wrong, and you can buy one? Let us know.

TIW is dead. Yes, my family hates this, as we have bought TIW for a good 12 years.
This was NEVER a renewal program. NEW CARD, every year.
That card is no longer for sale. Hence? Program DEAD.

If I'm wrong, and you can buy one? Let us know.
It’s dead for now, but I believe that’s because many restaurants, and most signatures are closed.
I’m guessing (obviously only a guess) that when things return to a “more” normal these types of things will return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter