Tables of Wonderland card

mermaidbride1108

Disney Fairy Tale Bride 8.31.09
I'm sorry if this is slightly OT, but I know alot of brides purchase the Tables of Wonderland card, since all brides get AP passed and use the card usually for their Rehearsal Dinner so....

Does anyone know the process for purchasing the Tables of Wonderland (formerly known as the DDE, Disney Dining Experience card)?

TIA!!!

You can buy it at Guest Relations at any park or DTD. It's $75 or $80 I forgot. I know it went up when you no longer had to buy it by mail.

We bought ours last Saturday at Magic Kingdom City Hall. It was $75 and paid for itself in about 3 days! :thumbsup2

Is it possible to still purchase this in advance?

yes,

Call the office at (407) 566-5858, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern, or email wdw.disney.dining.experience@disney.com

You can also visit Guest Relations at Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdrom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, or Downtown Disney to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card.

BY MAIL: Post Office Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

http://allears.net/din/dde.htm

I know in the past you needed an active AP in order to get it, but I'm not sure if that has changed. We haven't had one in 2-3 years now.

We were able to buy ours at Guest Services using only AP vouchers after I insisted to the CM that it was allowed because I'd read about other people doing it. :rotfl:

Well I wanted to follow-up on what I found out today after I called the phone number to purchase the card in advance...

You can pre-purchase the TIW discount card, but it must be done with an AP pass, not a Exchange Ticket. You can though purchase it at guests services at any of the parks or at guest services at DTD when you can exchange your AP voucher. She (the CM) said you can exchange your voucher and do this at the same time.

My daughter and I already have a Disney Dining Plan booked for our PS trip to WDW in October. As AP holders, we're not sure whether to buy the TIW card also.

Can we:
  • get our food on the DDP, but put alcohol on the TIW card at the same meal?
  • use the TIW card to pay a gratuity on DDP meal?
  • buy a TIW card for $75 + 'partner' card for $50 even though we're mother and daughter?
Also:
  • the info about purchasing TIW cards states you have to bring photo ID. We were going to use our passports, but do we need to provide a photo to be used on the card?
  • do we have to advise that we are using the DDP or TIW card when making ADRs?

This is more confusing than the wedding planning :rotfl:

My daughter and I already have a Disney Dining Plan booked for our PS trip to WDW in October. As AP holders, we're not sure whether to buy the TIW card also.

Can we:
  • buy a TIW card for $75 + 'partner' card for $50 even though we're mother and daughter?
Also:
  • the info about purchasing TIW cards states you have to bring photo ID. We were going to use our passports, but do we need to provide a photo to be used on the card?

This is more confusing than the wedding planning :rotfl:

1-You can use it just for the beverages. the 18% will automatically be added.
2-No, because it's discount includes an 18%
3-If you are listed at the same address.
4-We were only asked for our id once and that was at The Plaza
5-You can tell them I think it may now be transferring over. In the past i didn't and you had to tell them again at check in, but now I wouldn't tell them until the check comes, since it has a required 18% that is included. I noticed when the DDP included the tip service wasn't always grand since they already knew they were getting one.

Probably, since alcohol is excluded from the DDP. You would pay for it separately and could apply your TIW card to that bill. You might try the experts on the DDP sub-section of the Restaurants board. They know EVERYTHING!

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116

No.

One card is good for up to 10 people, so your daughter would only need her own card if she was planning to eat a lot of meals without you.

No - the TIW card is just like an annual pass or other admission media - they don't put your picture on it.

This is tricky - you aren't required to, and there are rumors on the Dining board that giving out this info might make it harder for you to get a reservation because Disney is only allocating a certain number of tables for TIW and DDP. ONLY A RUMOR, but in my experience, it doesn't really matter to them what plan you're on until you sit down at the table and/or pay the bill! :rotfl:

ok unless I am looking at this wrong..... the main benefit is that you get 20% your meal, but the are putting an automatic 18-20% gratuity(tip) on the check no matter the size or your party. (Yes I know you get free parking, but you get that with an AP anyway so no big whoop)

So basically in simple terms it would seem that you are paying for your tips in advance. Not sure how much that is really a benefit. You really have to think if you are going to get your inital $80 investment back (at 2% a check)
If I am missing something please let me know, but it seems that it's really a waste of money

I guess it depends how much you usually tip. From what I remember, they add a requested tip amt of 18% and 21%, so we usually tipped in between anyway. So the way I see it, it is like not having to tip, with a but of a discount. Plus, if you drink, it saves some $ too, since alcohol is not included on the dining plan.

However, I don't really know which is better, the DP or TIW discount. Anyone have any thoughts?

ok unless I am looking at this wrong..... the main benefit is that you get 20% your meal, but the are putting an automatic 18-20% gratuity(tip) on the check no matter the size or your party. (Yes I know you get free parking, but you get that with an AP anyway so no big whoop)

So basically in simple terms it would seem that you are paying for your tips in advance. Not sure how much that is really a benefit. You really have to think if you are going to get your inital $80 investment back (at 2% a check)
If I am missing something please let me know, but it seems that it's really a waste of money

While it does seem like it's "pre-paying your tips" it's more like are you going to tip more than $80 for a year. If you're only going once, it may, it may not. But you can use it for the whole year, for a party of up to 10...each time. So it often will cover the $80 charge, and then are are saving your tip. So you have an $80 bill (which is easy for 2 people with alcohol, entree, share appy and dessert) and your tip is $15 (I'd tip more but I like tipping). Instead you use your card, so you save $16, but must pay 14.40 for the 18% tip. So now you're paying 78.40 total. Yes it seems like you only saved 1.60 but really you would have paid something like $95 with tip. So you are saving a significant amount (16.60), and it adds up once you recoup the fee. But I think $80 for the year is very easy to do, especially in larger parties.

I guess it depends how much you usually tip. From what I remember, they add a requested tip amt of 18% and 21%, so we usually tipped in between anyway. So the way I see it, it is like not having to tip, with a but of a discount. Plus, if you drink, it saves some $ too, since alcohol is not included on the dining plan.

However, I don't really know which is better, the DP or TIW discount. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sorry I didn't multi-quote. Which you should get, really depends on your eating habits. Are you going to eat the allotted amount in your plan? Either regular, with 1 CS, 1 TS (with no apps but dessert) and 1 snack, or the deluxe with 3 ts (with apps and desserts)? If you are, you can definitely save a huge amount (30-40%) but if you'd rather have less structure (or more booze) the TIW is a set discount. You can always do both. Use your TIW card for the things not covered on the meal plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter