Take CASH????

Kim W.

Earning My Ears
Now I don't travel a lot and usually when I do it is not far from home and we just take cash with us. This trip to WDW we will fly and stay at Disney. Now I know I will need a certain about of cash, but do I travel with all cash?
Do I have to use travelers checks? Couldn't I cash a personal check or use my check card to withdraw from my checking account(at the bank in MK)?

I will be traveling with my parents who are giving the trip as a gift to us. All I need to pay for will be foods and misc. items, so how much do you think I will need for 1 adult and 2 young children?

Sorry for not having a clue!
Kim W.

We use the room charge and charge everything we can. The only places you can't use the room charge are snack stands. $20 per day in cash is about all we need (2 adults and 1 kid).

If you do plan to travel with more cash, use traveler's checks. There are Suntrust ATMs all around WDW as well.

m brother and i were just talking about this. we are leaving in 4 days to go to wdw and he was asking me how much cash he should bring. i was laughing b/c i am not bringing much at all (i have no money right now) and i will be using my credit card (a very bad decision since i have no money but it is vacation). you can charge almost everything and there are plenty of atm's in wdw. ( it upsets me that i know this :) ) i think $30/day is good to bring if you are not going to be at many sit down meals. if you need more you can use an atm or a credit card. have a good trip.

We also charge practically everything to our room. We don't snack too much, and a lot of the snack places take cards anyway, so on our last trip we spent less than $60 cash, including on fast food on the way there and back.

I use only cash but I bring my ATM card and splurge on the ATM's scattered around WDW so that I don't end up carrying a lot of cash at once. I also bring a credit card just in case.

We just got back and used very little cash. We charged to the room and that made it very convenient and at the end we saw how much all of our purchases and food cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter