• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Take-out/In Room Meals

rdefensor

Earning My Ears
  1. Can you order take-out from Ama Ama?
  2. Are there room service “family style” meals available?

1. Not that I know of. I've not seen or heard of this as an option. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

2. I don't believe there is anything served family style on the room service menu. Everything is an entrée meant to serve one. They do have pizzas that would serve more than one.

I just got back (from the Marriott) and now Grub Hub delivers to Ko Olina! OMG what a convenience! We ordered from Sushi Bay twice, and Pearl’s Korean BBQ once (but ordered a ton so had 3 meals). I highly recommend Pearl’s if you like grilled chicken and beef (the spicy chicken was the favorite). It’s not expensive, and the portions are generous! They also have mandoo (dumplings), yum.

We did have to meet the driver at the front, but easy for my DH to run over and get it while we ate at the pool one afternoon. Nice when you’ve had a couple drinks at the pool, so don’t want to drive.

Just throwing that out as an option. Pearl’s has large orders of BBQ meats that can be shared family style, plus rice and veggies.

I just got back (from the Marriott) and now Grub Hub delivers to Ko Olina! OMG what a convenience! We ordered from Sushi Bay twice, and Pearl’s Korean BBQ once (but ordered a ton so had 3 meals). I highly recommend Pearl’s if you like grilled chicken and beef (the spicy chicken was the favorite). It’s not expensive, and the portions are generous! They also have mandoo (dumplings), yum.

We did have to meet the driver at the front, but easy for my DH to run over and get it while we ate at the pool one afternoon. Nice when you’ve had a couple drinks at the pool, so don’t want to drive.

Just throwing that out as an option. Pearl’s has large orders of BBQ meats that can be shared family style, plus rice and veggies.

This is amazing-thanks for sharing. What a great idea to do this if you don't have a rental car or if you really just want to stay at the resort all day.

This is amazing-thanks for sharing. What a great idea to do this if you don't have a rental car or if you really just want to stay at the resort all day.

I always have had a car the whole time there, but this last trip, we discovered that with delivery and Lyft is like $9 to get to Target, I may just have a car for half the time next trip! Plus, rentals have gone up; in 2017 I got a car for the whole month for $900. This late summer, it looks that high for just 2 weeks, and half the time we’ll just stay at the resort anyway!

Uber Eats also delivers to Aulani. If you open the app now and set your delivery address to Aulani you can see the options available and there are many.

Also, the ABC Country Market which is literally across the road from Aulani has a HUGE menu that is all cooked to order for take-out. The coconut breaded shrimp are DEVINE!

We really enjoyed the Monkeypod across the street. Maybe they have to go?

1. Can you order take-out from Ama Ama?

We ordered desserts from 'Ama while eating at Off The Hook -- our waitress said that was fine and it showed up all packed to go. So I don't know if you can get it for "regular" food, but it definitely was an option at Off The Hook.

I've asked for a second meal to be prepared for me to take up to the room... but never just straight up ordered a meal to go. I would call the hotel operator and ask.

I'm so glad I looked in on this thread! We won't be hiring a car and wondered what we'd do for the whole week as we don't want to cook every night either. Thanks for the tips @happymommy and @SteveNZ - between Target, Uber Eats and Grub Hub along with onsite restaurants we're sure to get fed during our vacation! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter