Taking a beating in the stock market

Exactly. Why do so many people think they know when to buy and sell? Not possible
As I type Dow down 310... Wild swings its like a pin ball machine. Enjoying coffee and fox business channel
As I type Dow down 310... Wild swings its like a pin ball machine. Enjoying coffee and fox business channel
Lol interest rates cut 1/2 point Dow up 338.. Mr toads wild ride

All this talk about bottoms reminds me of a song

Big bottom
Big bottom
Talk about bum cakes
My girl’s got em

Big bottom drives me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind

All this talk about bottoms reminds me of a song

Big bottom
Big bottom
Talk about bum cakes
My girl’s got em

Big bottom drives me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind
Yes, but does your amp go to 11?

Seriously, though, we're not even watching our investments. We're staying the course. Bigger issues in our house right now (nothing serious, just more immediately pressing). In fact, DH starts a new job very soon, we're looking at his retirement account investment options. I told him to either (a) use the new account to balance what we already have; or (b) if we're already balanced, go with an indexed fund. The current roller coaster doesn't even figure into how he might invest. Of course, everyone's level of risk tolerance is different. If this roller coaster makes you queasy--and that's valid, your feelings are your feelings--then maybe you'd be better off in less volatile investments. Trying to time the market is a sucker's game.

i'm not a stock market kind of person but i have to say that if we still had a mortgage i would be seriously looking at doing a refi with fiixed rates going for less than 3%o_O

I have zero knowledge of buying stock and I'm considering buying Disney stock while the price is down. I have a brokerage account through Chase, but I hear buying stock through your bank is never a good idea. So I dunno where to start or what to do.

Anyone wanna give me some pointers? :flower3:

I’m 42. But I wish I got out in early 2008 and then back in at the bottom in 2009. So I’m doing that this time
If we all had a crystal ball... though I’m not complaining we have done so much better than we ever thought these past few years!

I have zero knowledge of buying stock and I'm considering buying Disney stock while the price is down. I have a brokerage account through Chase, but I hear buying stock through your bank is never a good idea. So I dunno where to start or what to do.

Anyone wanna give me some pointers? :flower3:
You can bank and brokerage with the same company. If you aren't willing to buy stock with Chase because you bank with them why have a brokerage account with them at all?

You can bank and brokerage with the same company. If you aren't willing to buy stock with Chase because you bank with them why have a brokerage account with them at all?
Shop around. Lots of brokerage firms that charge nothing to buy and sell and also if you don't know what your doing get some books read up before spending a dollar. This isn't monopoly money.

Shop around. Lots of brokerage firms that charge nothing to buy and sell and also if you don't know what your doing get some books read up before spending a dollar. This isn't monopoly money.
You definitely didn't mean to address that comment to me :rotfl2:

I think you're looking for @toonaspie

Stocks are on sale this week. Buy an S&P 500 index fund while you’re out buying bottled water and Purell.
Also, I highly suggest topping off on your supply of GILD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter