• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taking a chance on Caribbean Beach Resort

Kaz65

Mouseketeer
Considering trying CBR last week in June next year despite warnings of major building works from May 2017 to July 2018. Presuming the majority of works will be completed by then but has anyone had other experience when planned work over runs?

My understanding is there's nowhere to eat at CBR right now so I'd give it a miss. Apparently the buses have been dreadful the last couple of years too.

If the food court was up and running I'd consider it - we've been to Disney during plenty of building works and it's never been a huge issue, just a bit of an eyesore.

The renovation of YC is running around five months behind its initial schedule from what I've read, so I wouldn't trust them to run on time!

Thanks - that pretty much confirms my thinking and I found an Ariel view which looked like a significant building project so going to go with another resort - appreciate your comments

We stayed at CBR for part of our recent trip. They actually had laid on more of a breakfast buffet all-you-care-to-eat than I've seen before - they were more than generous and did an excellent job of hosting. They also had Coke Freestyle machines throughout the resort - including one just a single block away from me, along with a small eatery locations set up throughout the resort in various converted hotel rooms. It was all much better than I expected (and I have stayed here multiple times, and at deluxe resorts).

We are booked for next year. The temporary food court isn't ideal but I'm hoping it is done by end of May. Looks a lovely resort and so long as building doesn't disrupt and overly in the way of our holiday it'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter