Taking a stroller/chair to WDW

JonJ

Earning My Ears
We purchased an EZ Rider stroller for our 21 yo daughter this summer and have used it at the zoo, museums, etc. We'll be taking it with us when we go to WDW. Since we are flying, how much longer should we allow for the security check with the stroller along? I assume that others have travelled with wheelchairs or strollers after 9/11 and would have gone through the security checks recently. TIA.
Jon

Welcome. Glad that you stopped here to ask your question.
I can't answer since we haven't traveled with our DD since March, but at least my answer will bump your question up.
My guess is that it won't take much longer to check the wheelchair/stroller than it did before. The security people usually took about 5 minutes to check our DD. Since she can't stand, they leave her in the wheelchair. They had her lean forward so they could check behind her they also patted down her legs, arms and back and looked under the wheelchair. Sometimes we wait a few minutes for them to get around to checking her. That's probably the part that would take longer. I have seen people send folded up umbrella strollers thru the Xray machine. If your daughter can walk thru the metal detector and the stroller will fit thru the xray machine, that might work for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter