Taking a Toddler for the First Time

18sprint

Mouseketeer
We will be taking our 5yr old granddaughter on her first Disney Cruise in May. We have never traveled with a child before, but are really looking forward to this trip with her! Anyway, we've read on the DCL site that all we need for her, document wise, is her state issued birth certificate. Got that. However, we were told by our travel agent (dreams) that during the online check-in process, her parents will have to fill out a page and sign (?). Her parents are separated, but if need be, I think they will accommodate us in this process. Can someone tell me what is on this page so we can be prepared? Can't see it till we hit our 30 day mark and we don't wish to be 'surprised'.
Now, for a very confusing question. We are doing the 7-day western Caribbean with stops in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica. What do we need for our granddaughter to get off in these locations and get back on the ship after our Disney excursions? Thanks in advance for any help.

Here's a link to the form. I can't speak to the current online check-in requiring it, but I'd think you can get it signed in advance. It looks to only need 1 parent signature, but depending on custody arrangements it may be good to get both.

Everyone gets issued a card after boarding; it will be your room key, charge card, and what you need to get on and off the ship in each port.

What do we need for our granddaughter to get off in these locations and get back on the ship after our Disney excursions? Thanks in advance for any help.
As NEGeekymama described, everyone boarding the ship will be issued a Key to the World Card. For those under 18, that's all that will be required to exit and reboard the ship. Passengers 18 and up will also need a government-issued photo ID, such as a drivers' license or passport.

As long as your granddaughter is sharing your stateroom and you have the parental authorization on file, that should be all you need. It wouldn't hurt to carry a document signed by at least one of her parents authorizing you to travel with and get medical treatment for her, just in case any problems arise, but that's not a cruise requirement.

Thank you for all your responses. The form that you folks mentioned here, is this the same form
that is filled out when we do our online check-in? I read somewhere that during online check-in, there
is another form that parents must fill out and/or sign, obviously it couldn't be notarized being online. Sorry
if this is redundant.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter