• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taking our 1-year old Twins to Disney - Advice

bubbaloo311

Mouseketeer
We are planning a much-needed trip to Disney this December to celebrate my twin daughters' 1st birthday (and a belated wedding anniversary and early Christmas and surviving a year of my DH being out of work ...) Sorry if TMI.

But anyway - I know about Baby Swap - but I am wondering how it would be possible with a couple traveling alone with two infants. I doubt either of us would be able to manage the holding both girls alone for even 10 minutes and they don't walk yet so standing isn't an option. And strollers aren't allowed in line.

I just want to figure out what we can and can't do beforehand - or if maybe you have some suggestions on how we might be able to see some of the non-toddler friendly attractions with 2 babies.

Thanks for your input.

The absolute BEST thing is some sort of a baby carrier. My DD was 3 months on our last trip and will be almost 13 months on this next trip. Last trip I used a Moby Wrap alot, this trip it will be our BECO Butterfly - a total lifesaver for sure!

DEFINITELY check into baby carriers.. I have 7 month old twins, and I can carry both of mine with Mei Tais.. One on the front, one on my hip. Or just have one in a carrier, and carry one. I have HUGE babies. They are easily pushing 24-25 pounds!

I hope you have a fun trip! We are taking our babies when they are 14 months.. I am nervous, but really excited!

You don't stand in line for baby swap. You approach the line (must have a baby with you to "prove" you need the swap). Adult #1 enters the regular/slow line, while the cast member gives adult #2 a baby swap ticket. Adult #2 may go anywhere - literally (even leave the parks, if you want) - with the kids in the stroller. Adult #1 rides, and meets up anywhere with #2 afterwards (use your cell phones to find each other). Then #2 can go ride by showing the baby swap ticket and entering the fastpass line.

One variation on this: #1 obtains a fastpass for that ride, and then can go through the fastpass line for the ride instead of the regular/slow line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter