Taking our dog

Debbie in Townsville

Mouseketeer
Our dog is getting older and has some health problems, so we don't want to board her for more than a few days at a time. We usually tent camp, but for 2003, I want to rent an RV so we can take her along.

Has anyone taken their dog? What loops allows pets? Are there any preferred loops?

I think on days we will be in the parks for the whole day, I want to put her in the kennel rather than leaving her alone all day. I would feel comfortable leaving her in the RV for a few hours while we go to a restaurant or swimming.

Just looking for anyone's experiences taking a pet along! Thanks!

the 300 loop is the only loop that will allow pets that is also a preferred loop, although they will not allow you to reserve a preferred loop of you tell them you have a pet (So I am told), the other pet loops are 1600, 1700, 1800 & 1900 these are full hook up sites but not classified as preferred.

We have stayed in the 300 loop and there have been pets in the loop, but yet Disney does not classify this as a pet loop for some reason.

I called FW direct last week after being told by CRO that I could NOT reserve a preferred site through them if I was bringing a dog. FW told me that I had the following choices: 1. reserve a full hookup in one of the dog loops or 2. reserve a preferred site, tell them I don't have a dog, then call down approx. a week in advance to FW direct and ask to have a site in the 300 loop so I can bring my dog. Don't forget there's an additional fee of $5/day for bringing a pet. Re the kennels at the parks, they do NOT walk your dog for you there, so you'd still have to leave the park and go to the kennel to walk your dog. If your dog is as old and set in his ways as ours is(!), he may be happier in the comfort of the RV, esp. if you're planning on going back midday for a rest/swim break anyways. Kennels stress out many dogs, esp. those who are older. Good luck!
Terri the Yoopermom

Now we were told something different than that..... We were able to book the preferred site in 300 loop AND we told them we are bringing a dog....it's even noted on our ressie form!:rolleyes: Who knows....sometimes I think thier left hand doesn't know what thier right hand is doing!:rolleyes: ;)

Now we were told something different than that..... We were able to book the preferred site in 300 loop AND we told them we are bringing a dog....it's even noted on our ressie form!:rolleyes: Who knows....sometimes I think thier left hand doesn't know what thier right hand is doing!:rolleyes: ;) Anyway, we have stayed in the 300 loop with our dog before and it was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter