• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

taking your laptop

DD had hers with her (she was flying back to school from WDW) when we stayed at POR recently, but used it mostly to upload her photos each day. I paid the fee for the internet access the day before we left so I could go online and do Southwest check-in and get our boarding passes. I didn't want to take the chance of getting to guest services and not being helped in time to get those coveted "A" boarding passes :rotfl: ! It was actually nice being without the computer/email for 4 days, but we all had a ton of emails to catch up on!

I was wonderng WHERE everyone keeps their laptop while they are out of their rooms? Does it fit in the room safe?

Most laptops will not fit in a room safe. You can bring a cable and lock and chain it to a piece of furniture in the room, which is what I do. Some people just put it in its case in the closet, or put it in a suitcase with stuff on top of it so that it's not obvious you have a computer. But I'd worry the entire time about it, so I have to secure my electronics. ::yes::

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

I plan on taking mine with me when we go and probably will get online a few times but I will also have school stuff to deal with. My laptop has a lojack program so if it is stolen it can be located very easily.

I brought mine for the last trip as the parks closed early and it was nice to use the internet to download and send the pics back home. I did not use the safe I bought a cable lock that worked awesome and locked it to the shelf in the closet. Always use the safe or a cable lock because the time you think you wont need to safely guard your laptop is the time it will be stolen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter