Talk me into paying $1500/night for a GF club room

Can you get club level when renting dvc points?

No, you cannot get club level when staying at VGF whether it's by renting points or booking a cash reservation.

I am so sorry for your loss. I truly hope your trip brings your family some joy during such a difficult time.

I have stayed at Villas at the Grand Floridian, standard rooms at GF and GF club level. Honestly, I loved all of them. VGF has the most beautiful rooms on-property, IMHO. We have never rented points for DVC properties however as we do not like the non-refundable terms and conditions for rentals. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the rooms at GF, GF CL or VGF. I would suggest pricing out GF CL, a regular room at GF (we love the lagoon view rooms) and a villa at VGF. I do like CL, but I also like saving the money, staying in a regular room and then using the money saved for signature dining reservations and other special experiences like fireworks cruises, dessert parties, tours, etc. I would think about what other experiences might enjoy during your trip and seeing if those might be worth using the CL money on, instead.

Can you get club level when renting dvc points?

There's no VGF club level.

Only Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo has club level.

I've heard it's very difficult to get unless AKV is one's home resort so suspect renting points for a CL stay would be difficult. Maybe someone else would know.

I think your title says a lot. “Talk me into…” It sounds like you want to do this for you and your Mom. Since you can afford it stop there and just do it. Unless one of the other deluxe hotels is more your Mom’s jam. CL is back at all of them now.

My sisters and I took my mom on several Disney trips over the last 20 years. She had always wanted to travel when she and dad retired, but by the time we were all grown, Dad was unable to travel due to health issues. My sisters made more $$ than me and one had AK DVC. The trips I paid for we usually stayed Riverside. I don't feel Mom felt any less loved/pampered or had any bit less of the Disney experience staying Moderate vs a Deluxe. Dad has since passed, and Mom is now too ill to travel with us any more. I'm so glad I took the trips with her when I did, at a price I felt comfortable with, even though the trips with me were less "deluxe" than those she took with my sisters. That said, for me, I cannot fathom spending that much on a room. From my perspective, I'd rather get a less expensive on-site room and stay a few more days, or do a few "experiences" with what you would have spent on the CL room vs something less spendy. But, no matter what you decide, being with family is what counts! Love, love, love that you are doing this for her.

Well a good chunk of your quote is for the park tickets with hopper and Genie+ added in. You would pay for that no matter where you stay. Have you asked for the same quote without club level? You might find the difference helps you decide if it's worth it. I would stay at GF since that's what your mom wants but I wouldn't spend for the upgrade to club. Save the money and splurge on a couple of nice meals.

You should do what you want to do! Don't look for anyone to agree or disagree. If you think it would be special for your mom, do it.

I have always loved the GF, had a regular $600 room booked there for 2 nights for our anniversary a few year ago and just couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on a room. We went for the afternoon tea and hung out in the lobby for a while, back when they had the band playing. I just bought 2 round trip airline tickets to London for not much more than $1500.

I don't think I could ever pay that much for a room at Disney and be okay with it, though I don't judge those who do. We're paying rack rate for a water view room at BC this summer and even that is making me hate myself a little lol. But it's the first time we'll be going back to WDW in 3 years and we love BC so heart is overriding my head and we will do it. While my head is screaming at me that I'm being ridiculous during the lead-up to this trip, I know once we're there it will feel worth it and I'll be glad I did it because of how happy it will make my kids (and, of course, my husband and me as well). It seems like you're in a similar head/heart situation. The room itself and the club level offerings could never come close to being worth that price for me no matter what the current state of club level is. However, being able to give your mom that kind of experience after the situation you described possibly could.

No, you cannot get club level when staying at VGF whether it's by renting points or booking a cash reservation.

I am so sorry for your loss. I truly hope your trip brings your family some joy during such a difficult time.

I have stayed at Villas at the Grand Floridian, standard rooms at GF and GF club level. Honestly, I loved all of them. VGF has the most beautiful rooms on-property, IMHO. We have never rented points for DVC properties however as we do not like the non-refundable terms and conditions for rentals. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the rooms at GF, GF CL or VGF. I would suggest pricing out GF CL, a regular room at GF (we love the lagoon view rooms) and a villa at VGF. I do like CL, but I also like saving the money, staying in a regular room and then using the money saved for signature dining reservations and other special experiences like fireworks cruises, dessert parties, tours, etc. I would think about what other experiences might enjoy during your trip and seeing if those might be worth using the CL money on, instead.

I second all of this. All options are great, but you can do additional special items if you want to do some more planning and want the trade off, like the ones mentioned to have a smooth and memorable trip. I do love the theme park view rooms in the outer buildings but mobility is a consideration as they're a short walk from the main building (not something my mom can do now). But I've become pretty fond of seeing the castle at night when I wake up or in the early morning on my balcony ahead of going to the park with the sunrise. It just adds that "magic" for me. I also don't mind going down to Gaspirilla Grill for my family to pick up a mobile order of what everyone wanted to bring back to our room. I do book room only reservations on my own directly through Disney in My Disney Experience and talk to guest services if I have a special request or concern (I try to call on off hours). I book my tickets and reservations separately so I can be flexible if a better offer is available on rooms and I do check back in lead up to my stay. I hope your family and mom have a great trip.

edit to add: I have stayed club level at GF, Poly, Contemporary, and Yacht Club. I love the Club level for the feeling a relaxed vacation where you can wander down to the club and find treats and have a glass of wine etc. It's a great option to have a place to relax outside your room and no need to feel like you need to leave. I only mentioned my new preference because I tried it one year at Halloween and liked it. I do think your current plan would be a fantastic and memorable trip.

Last edited:
My mom just lost my dad to cancer. After 6 months of not leaving the house, she has agreed to let me take her to WDW. My sister will also be going. Mom's always wanted to stay at the GF. I checked club room prices (I'd like to go all out) and whoa! $1500 a night.

This is for those of you who pay that amount for a room like this (SOMEONE out there HAS to be). Talk me into reserving this room. Is it worth it? Will the club level be all that?

I really want to treat my mom, we technically have the money, but ouch! I'd be footing the entire bill for the room.
You might consider doing a split stay, depending on how many days you’d be there. You can also use the lounge the very day you check in, no matter how early & you can use it until midnight the day you check out, so you would have a place to hang out when you changed resorts. Just as an aside, I just got back last week from a BWI CL stay & only spent $125 on food for the entire week! The lounge food was quite sufficient for breakfast & dinner for us. So take the food costs into consideration when deciding where to stay.
You are a wonderful & thoughtful daughter & Im sure your mother will love getting to spend time with you & your sister at such a special place!.

Well a good chunk of your quote is for the park tickets with hopper and Genie+ added in. You would pay for that no matter where you stay. Have you asked for the same quote without club level? You might find the difference helps you decide if it's worth it. I would stay at GF since that's what your mom wants but I wouldn't spend for the upgrade to club. Save the money and splurge on a couple of nice meals.

I completely agree.

You could stay in a regular room at the Grand Floridian and then treat your Mom to some nice restaurants and maybe a fireworks cruise or dessert party and still spend less than $1,500 per night. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter