Talk me or out of one night stay DLH Club level UPDATED

Yes, I was thinking about your previous post and I feel like I regret my decisions on stays when I am spending a lot of time thinking about it like I am right now. I got 3, 50K certs as a sign up bonus for Marriott credit card and my original intention was to use for overnights in the DL area, but I will be going to San Francisco every couple months for a night or 2 and can use these up easily. My time with my daughter(s) is priceless and never enough time. So, I can easily say there's no way I can afford to pay for DLH club, but I can make it work for just one night.

Yesterday, I was told that I have nothing to worry about, but that was after additional screening from an abnormal mammogram. I do not have a tumor, but it did dawn on me how we never really know what's going to happen and when it can happen. After Covid shutting down so much, I am not as quick to say, "we can do that another time or next time." I need to make a final decision by Monday because of the 5 day cancellation policy at DLH. I already cancelled Fairfield and booked Marriott in its place. I'm able to make an argument for either and I guess I'll wait out the weekend to decide one way or the other. It's a bit of a belated birthday present for my daughter. There's a lot of reasons to pony up the money to stay onsite when I think about it.
I'm glad you posted this originally and then followed up. Sounds like it was a really nice trip with your daughter and made even more special by the ability to relax and enjoy some things you might not have if you had gone with another hotel choice (fireworks,etc.)
And I wanted to also say congrats on your screening being ok. I received the opposite news earlier this year and although I'm doing great after surgery and treatment (thank goodness for mammogram early detection) I do look at things very differently. My husband and I are going to DL in May for our anniversary and splurged on GCH club level and first class airfare from NY. We don't travel like this often, especially with COVID, but he also has cancer and we are not going to wait and put it off for another time. Live in the moment, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter