Talk Tieks to me...

Do they all have that teal blue sole?

I believe so, I think that's their signature look.

I have a friend who swears by Tieks. She is a teacher and on her feet all day, and its all she wears. She's planning to wear them in Disney World this summer. She was also skeptical based on the price, but she now owns two pairs and justifies the cost by saying they are of good quality and comfort. She does have larger, wide feet too. YMMV.

I've been intrigued by Tieks, but haven't tried them. I did try Yosi Samras which are a lower price point but a similar concept. The quality was terrible, and apparently the way I walk rubbed a hole in them after a week of wearing them to work every day. I emailed the company to complain and they sent me a full refund, which I did find to be good service.

I see Rothy's advertised on social media all the time. A slightly lesser price point than Tieks, and a material that is meant to be thrown in the washer which I like. Slightly different material than Tieks but supposedly the same kind of comfort.

I believe so, I think that's their signature look.

Thanks for the info - I don't get "signature looks" (like the shoes with the red soles?) because who wants to have to wear colors that match the soles of their shoes all the time? Or have red or teal flashes that have nothing to do with what the rest of the outfit looks like? I mean, the price of these 'signature' shoes means the people wearing them invest a lot of clothing, IMO. But they'd have to match the soles, which I find very limiting. But I guess it's about status.

I wouldn't wear Tieks - ballet flats are ballet flats (these look like fancy versions of shoes you can get for $20 on Amazon, etc, and have the same support) and they are easy to scuff, stain, etc. The teal soles are going to get scraped up if you wear them outside, aren't they?

Thanks for the info - I don't get "signature looks" (like the shoes with the red soles?) because who wants to have to wear colors that match the soles of their shoes all the time? Or have red or teal flashes that have nothing to do with what the rest of the outfit looks like? I mean, the price of these 'signature' shoes means the people wearing them invest a lot of clothing, IMO. But they'd have to match the soles, which I find very limiting. But I guess it's about status.

I wouldn't wear Tieks - ballet flats are ballet flats (these look like fancy versions of shoes you can get for $20 on Amazon, etc, and have the same support) and they are easy to scuff, stain, etc. The teal soles are going to get scraped up if you wear them outside, aren't they?

I tend to agree. I have ballet flats from Payless that I've worn to work almost everyday for nearly 2 years now and they barely show any signs of wear and are quite comfortable. I've certainly got my money's worth. I do think Tieks are probably very comfortable and at that price point, I would expect good quality and customer service. But part of the reason one would buy shoes this pricey is for the label/brand, and there's nothing wrong with that either if that's what a person is into!

No, you do not have to match the soles of your shoes to your outfit.

No one has to do anything when it comes to fashion. But if I'm wearing a pinstripe suit or skirt or a dark red dress and have these bright teal soles, it would feel off to me and I'd probably reach for different shoes.

I tend to agree. I have ballet flats from Payless that I've worn to work almost everyday for nearly 2 years now and they barely show any signs of wear and are quite comfortable. I've certainly got my money's worth. I do think Tieks are probably very comfortable and at that price point, I would expect good quality and customer service. But part of the reason one would buy shoes this pricey is for the label/brand, and there's nothing wrong with that either if that's what a person is into!

No one has to do anything when it comes to fashion. But if I'm wearing a pinstripe suit or skirt or a dark red dress and have these bright teal soles, it would feel off to me and I'd probably reach for different shoes.

I originally bought them because for my work it is really helpful to have a pair of easily portable 'nice' looking shoes available at a moment's notice and ballet flats are a great option for this, but for some reason my feet hate ballet flats. Everyone was raving about how revolutionary Tieks are, and how they don't have the same downfalls as regular ballet flats, so I decided to invest in a pair, sadly they were not revolutionary for my feet and I didn't think they looked good on my feet either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter