• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Talk to me about bridging UT tickets

Kwaschitz

Mouseketeer
OK, I've never done anything other than purchase my tickets through WDW direct so I don't know what I'm doing 100%.

We are now DVC members and are planning to buy our annual passes for my immediate family. Except that we are taking my mom with us and she does not qualify for any park pass discounts.

If her base ticket is purchased on UT or other, how would it work to upgrade that to an annual pass when we are at the park? Trying to figure out how to get the most for the $$ (We do plan to take at least one more trip before the passes expire but the immediate $$ out of pocket to buy an annual pass outright is intense with no discounts. Long run, great buy, short term...OUCH) Additionally, I don't know that

Is there another option that I'm not seeing for making this work?

OK, I've never done anything other than purchase my tickets through WDW direct so I don't know what I'm doing 100%.

We are now DVC members and are planning to buy our annual passes for my immediate family. Except that we are taking my mom with us and she does not qualify for any park pass discounts.

If her base ticket is purchased on UT or other, how would it work to upgrade that to an annual pass when we are at the park? Trying to figure out how to get the most for the $$ (We do plan to take at least one more trip before the passes expire but the immediate $$ out of pocket to buy an annual pass outright is intense with no discounts. Long run, great buy, short term...OUCH) Additionally, I don't know that

Is there another option that I'm not seeing for making this work?

What you would do is have Mom use her ticket to enter a park prior to upgrading her to an AP. That will bring up the ticket value to the current gate price. Know what number to expect before trying to bridge the ticket (subtract current gate value of her ticket from cost of AP). If the CM at guest services gives you a different, higher price just thank them for their time and go elsewhere until you find a CM who knows how to successfully bridge.

What you would do is have Mom use her ticket to enter a park prior to upgrading her to an AP. That will bring up the ticket value to the current gate price. Know what number to expect before trying to bridge the ticket (subtract current gate value of her ticket from cost of AP). If the CM at guest services gives you a different, higher price just thank them for their time and go elsewhere until you find a CM who knows how to successfully bridge.

Don't forget to add tax, or use one of the lists that includes tax to do the math.

Inside park guest services, not ticket both, not Downtown Disney. I think Epcot is the best place to do it, MK is too busy, Studios is hit or miss busy, AK I've never done it there but might be a good option as well.

I just want to comment on PP saying not to go to DTD. DTD Guest Relations does almost exclusively ticketing, the cast there is well versed on polices and procedures. I know because I work there, and have worked there after working at Guest Relations at a theme park. The knowledge of ticketing is very different.

I cannot comment on how much it would cost to do the upgrade or if its able to be price bridged I do not know what UT tickets are coded as in the system, I'm sure I've dealt with them, but was just unaware where they were purchased.

Also be advised that price bridging is not done automatically, It requires an extra step, usually the CM does not realize a ticket needs to be bridged (if applicable) until they give you that final price. Sometimes they may not catch it at all.

I just want to add a few tips:

1 - Make sure the UCT ticket purchased is worth less (after bridging) than what the AP will cost. Otherwise, it's not technically an 'upgrade'. The CM's are not supposed to refund if the ticket price goes down, although I've personally been refunded twice.

2 - When shopping for a UCT ticket, look for one that has the most cost savings, not necessarily the lowest price.

3 - Definitely do your math ahead of time. You don't need to walk away if the CM quotes a different price, just politely ask them to check again.

1- Definitely do your math ahead of time.

2- You don't need to walk away if the CM quotes a different price, just politely ask them to check again.

1- Yes. Very true.

2- I can't fully agree with this.
After well over a decade of assisting in upgrade situations on this board,
I can tell you that sometimes nicely asking the first CM for your ticket to be returned and then
taking it to another ticket location to be upgraded is the only remedy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter