Talk to me about coffee onboard...

Chrislovesdisney

DIS Veteran
...the Fantasy.... I need GOOD, hot, and strong coffee. I know it's free In some situations and I have to pay in others. Where's my best bet for that first-thing-in-the-morning cup? How about my afternoon escape cup? Any other tips?

...the Fantasy.... I need GOOD, hot, and strong coffee. I know it's free In some situations and I have to pay in others. Where's my best bet for that first-thing-in-the-morning cup? How about my afternoon escape cup? Any other tips?
Coffee is always available from room service 24/7. And from the poolside drink stations:
fantasy 2014 poolside coffee  2467 P1030703 1500.jpg

And in Cabanas:
dream 2014 cabanas 15122 P1020551 1500.jpg

Those are included in the cruise fare.

There's also extra cost coffees available in Vista Cafe and Cove Cafe (Cove Cafe menu):
cove cafe 2014 menu 14169 P1020387 1500.jpg cove cafe 2014 menu 14170 P1020388 1500.jpg

Is hot water available as well? I'm thinking about bringing my favorite teas on board. I'm supposed to stop drinking coffee, but I cheat sometimes, so I'm kind of getting in to teas and have discovered that I'm as much of a tea snob as a coffee snob.

Is hot water available as well? I'm thinking about bringing my favorite teas on board. I'm supposed to stop drinking coffee, but I cheat sometimes, so I'm kind of getting in to teas and have discovered that I'm as much of a tea snob as a coffee snob.
Yes, there's hot water at the drink stations and from room service. I'll just point out that the carafe from room service with the hot water may have been used for coffee and often has a coffee taste to it.

On the drink station, the hot water is from the same dispenser that the coffee is, but it's a separate button/spigot. Hard to read, but it's between the two coffee spigots here. The orange arrow (with the button right above it) is the hot water:
dream 2014 cabanas 14070 P1020190 1500.jpg

I hate Starbucks and did not care for the coffee on board. I drink it black and it was bitter and burnt tasting. I typically order the Dark Roast from Cafe Britt in Costa Rica or Juan Valdez from Columbia. And of course Tim Hortons when in Canada :)

We live in Seattle where coffee is more abundant than the rain (and not just the Starbucks)! I, personally can't stand the stuff they serve! But my DH could care less, as long as it's caffeinated, then again this is someone who will drink shots of espresso straight *bleh*! In order to prevent the withdrawal headaches I end up getting without my coffee, I end up getting my coffee drink at Vista/Cove cafe. I'm excited to try the cold brew coffee they have now! I might be able to actually use my punch card up before the cruise is over now!:coffee:

One of the things I'm looking forward to is drinking my early-morning coffee on our verandah. Is the room service coffee better than what can be had at the buffet, or would I be just as well off getting my own at the buffet?

Also, how are the espresso and cappucino in the cafes? I can't stand the sugary fru-fru drinks (e.g. the crap that $tarbuck$ pushes), but I'm certainly willing to pay for a good cup of real coffee.

One of the things I'm looking forward to is drinking my early-morning coffee on our verandah. Is the room service coffee better than what can be had at the buffet, or would I be just as well off getting my own at the buffet?

Also, how are the espresso and cappucino in the cafes? I can't stand the sugary fru-fru drinks (e.g. the crap that $tarbuck$ pushes), but I'm certainly willing to pay for a good cup of real coffee.
I believe it's the same coffee from room service that's available at the drink stations and in the dining rooms.

I believe it's the same coffee from room service that's available at the drink stations and in the dining rooms.

AND in Palo. Our server in Palo told us it is the same coffee as elsewhere. It just tastes better in Palo because it can mix properly because it doesn't have everyone pulling from it at the same time.

Also, how are the espresso and cappucino in the cafes?

I'm a big fan of Cove Cafe's espresso drinks. I regularly drink Starbucks cappuccinos at home, and the ones in Cove Cafe are similar, if not better. Most mornings, my husband will grab me one, plus a plate of pastries for us all to munch on.

Their americano is good. I also tend to order their lattes with just a hint of cinnamon (or no flavor). My husband drinks their espresso shots straight (I need my CREAM :-) ) and he says it's "good."

Their americano is good. I also tend to order their lattes with just a hint of cinnamon (or no flavor). My husband drinks their espresso shots straight (I need my CREAM :-) ) and he says it's "good."

This is good to hear. Good coffee is much more important to me than cider (cf. my other thread).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter