Talk to me about coffee onboard...

On the subject of coffee, what are the cream options? Is it just the tiny shelf-stable half-and-halfs, or can you get fresh cream in the MDRs?

I thought there was fresh "cream" in the dining rooms and specialty restaurants. However, I suspect it's actually fresh half n half and not cream. It's downright impossible to find places that serve cream:(

On the subject of coffee, what are the cream options? Is it just the tiny shelf-stable half-and-halfs, or can you get fresh cream in the MDRs?

I believe they also have cream at the pool drink station (in the big dispenser).

Edited: Actually, I think its half and half.

Thanks everyone! Seems like I'll be sending hubby on a lot of errands to the cafes! Do they allow take-out there or do you have to drink it there?

Make sure you ask for the Cove Cafe punch card. You get a freebie after a certain number of coffee purchases. If you don't use it up, you can bring it on your next cruise.

I have a question regarding room service coffee. Does anyone know how many ounces are in the carafe? My husband is an absolute crank without a certain amount of caffeine, and I have been the one grabbing two 12 oz cups for him every morning (which is still not enough) to make him a functioning human.

I have a nonfat latte every morning from the Cove. I think it's great. And if you go to the cove be sure to get their reward card. After five drinks from the cove you get one free. I usually fill up two by the end of a 7 day cruise.

I think they use Illy for the espresso in Cove. I never add syrup to lattes or other milk added drinks. I even got into a mid morning macchiato every day (actual macchiatos, not Starbucks style). Really respectable espresso at Cove.

I'm not a coffee connoisseur when it comes to coffee but I found the coffee onboard the ship to be adequate for my taste. I also enjoyed several coffee frappuccinos at the Cove Cafe and thought they where very similar to Starbucks. Another option you might want to consider is those single instant coffee packages that you just add hot water. During one of my cruises my tablemate was a salesman for one of these instant coffee companies and was sharing all sorts of samples with everyone at our table including cast members.

While I never had one, DH said the coffee in the MDR was much better (and very good) than at Cabanas.

Make sure you ask for the Cove Cafe punch card. You get a freebie after a certain number of coffee purchases. If you don't use it up, you can bring it on your next cruise.
Can you pre-buy a coffee card and get it punched as you go? Or, do you pay every time for whatever you get?

(Sorry, I don't drink coffee and no nothing about it - I'm asking for dh who loves his coffee.)

Can you pre-buy a coffee card and get it punched as you go? Or, do you pay every time for whatever you get?

(Sorry, I don't drink coffee and no nothing about it - I'm asking for dh who loves his coffee.)

It's not like a Starbucks card where you load money onto it.

It's a punch/stamp card that you get the punch/stamp for each coffee you buy.

I like the coffee better in the MDR than in Cabanas or at the pool drink station. Maybe it just tastes better to me in china or stoneware than in styrofoam or melmamine mugs??? There is a small pitcher of cream (half and half?) on the tables in the MDR. Also at the drink station are those stainless dispensers that have a choice of whole milk or half and half

It's not like a Starbucks card where you load money onto it.

It's a punch/stamp card that you get the punch/stamp for each coffee you buy.
I wasn't thinking of Starbucks where you can re-load a card!

I was thinking of Princess where you pre-purchase a card and it gets punched when you order.

I wasn't thinking of Starbucks where you can re-load a card!

I was thinking of Princess where you pre-purchase a card and it gets punched when you order.

Haven't been on Princess yet. But no. You cannot purchase a card to prepay for drinks of any type. Other than the Passport in Skyline.

Coffee at the free station is decent, but since it's free so I can't complain. When we were on the Magic my girlfriend grabbed coffee from the Promenade Lounge a couple times and she said it was excellent from there. Of course from places like that it costs money.
Not free, just pre-paid.

I believe they also have cream at the pool drink station (in the big dispenser).

Edited: Actually, I think its half and half.
There are two big dispensers there - one milk and the other "creamer". Can't say as to whether it's actually cream or not:
fantasy 2014 poolside milk 2468 P1030704 1500.jpg fantasy 2014 poolside creamer 2469 P1030705 1500.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter