Talk to me about Liberty Tree Tavern...

Little E

DIS Veteran
Hi friends!
I'm traveling with DH, DS 19 and DS 17, in July. We have been to WDW many times, and have many "go to" TS places that we like. My boys are not wildly adventurous eaters, and they have grown out of character meals. We are looking for a cool place to land for a meal inside MK, and we wanted to try a new-to-us restaurant. My 60 day window was last week, and I was able to book a LTT ressie.

Since this is a place we've never been, talk to me about the things you like and the things we need to be aware of with this restaurant. Thanks so much!!

Be aware that they are also seating people at the restaurant next door who book LTT. It may change by July, but just be aware that is a possibility.

I love LTT, but we won’t be back until it is guaranteed that we will actually get to eat in the restaurant we booked.

We just had lunch at LTT today. It was delicious, especially the toffee cake! This was our first time to eat there. We ate in the actual restaurant, but our server did say the overflow goes to Diamond Horseshoe.

It’s Thanksgiving food. You get your choice of non alcoholic drink, then they bring you a salad with bread rolls, then a platter of turkey, pot roast, pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans and a side of Mac and cheese along with gravy boat. Dessert is the toffee cake with is basically a brownie with ice cream and caramel and chocolate sauce on top. It’s all served family style and you can get as much as you want so if you want more of item you just ask for it

We ate there several years ago. It was good food. No complaints, We haven't been back because the kids didn't think it felt like WDW. My wife and I would go back.

It’s perfect for simple palates. I had a 1 and 3 year old when we ate there and that was the most “real food” we ate all week. It was so good! We were seated in the overflow at diamond horseshoe which I had read horrible experiences on here, but honestly it wasn’t a big deal to us. We still had great service and great food. It was honestly the only food I had that week that I enjoyed and wanted more of.

LTT is DH's favorite WDW restaurant. We just happened upon it one trip many years ago and were able to get in there for dinner without an ADR. We fell in love! It's Thanksgiving foods, we all really enjoy it. And I'm thrilled they're finally serving the Ooey Gooey with dinner!

Thanksgiving or Christmas it’s the best thing going. In the middle of the summer? Hard pass. Hope they at least bring back the a la carte menu for lunch.

Last edited:
We tried for the first time the other day for lunch. We were overflow to the Diamond Horseshoe. Food was good and Ooey Goohey was great. Heavy food, but we had fun celebrating Thanksgiving in May! I would have enjoyed the actual restaurant- but the Diamond Horeshoe brought back great memories from Disneyland; first time I saw inside at WDW, and it gave me the opp to tell my kids about being made fun of, dragged on stage at Disneyland. I say go for trying it at least once.

Last edited:
Can you request to be seated inside the actual restaurant instead of Diamond Horseshoe? I guess it depends on table availability.

Can you request to be seated inside the actual restaurant instead of Diamond Horseshoe? I guess it depends on table availability.
Sure, you can request it, but like everything else its not guaranteed. You may be able to wait longer though, if they allow it.

We ate at LTT on our October trip and were seated in the actual restaurant, and that was when distancing was still at max. LTT is a must do on every trip for us, as two adults. As mentioned, its Thanksgiving fare but its all you can eat and everything is always very good. It wouldn't be worth it if someone in your party doesn't like traditional Thanksgiving foods.

Everyone, thank you so much for the intel! LTT sounds great! My DS 17 eats chicken nuggets at every WDW meal, but he does love Thanksgiving Day food, so this sounds perfect for us. And, it sound like it's a great way for him to get something else besides nuggets!

After reading all of your comments, I'm really excited about trying LTT, and I'm wondering why it's taken us so long to give this place a whirl?!?!

Everyone, thank you so much for the intel! LTT sounds great! My DS 17 eats chicken nuggets at every WDW meal, but he does love Thanksgiving Day food, so this sounds perfect for us. And, it sound like it's a great way for him to get something else besides nuggets!

After reading all of your comments, I'm really excited about trying LTT, and I'm wondering why it's taken us so long to give this place a whirl?!?!
It's for sure not for everyone. For us, we think it's way too expensive considering you have zero choice on what to eat. We ate there when lunch had a menu you could order a la carte from and enjoyed it, but now that it's a $39 per person prix fixe (not including tax/tip), it just doesn't work for our family, especially with one kid who doesn't eat meat, and DH who hates thanksgiving food. I personally like thanksgiving food, but not at that price point, and not when the others in my family who don't love it have to pay the same price for a meal they won't enjoy.

Really wish they would bring back the a la carte lunch.

WE always eat at LTT each trip. The food is great, and we especially like the pot roast. Of course, the dessert is yummy too. It's always great value for the food and experience. We like the atmosphere as much as the food, so I hope it's back to normal when we get to go back.

It's soooo good! I loved just about everything, I am not a big pork fan, but that was even pretty good. The mac and cheese was just eh to me. But, everything else was amazing! Very very filling, so make sure you leave room for dessert!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter