Talk to me about Liberty Tree Tavern...

I see mixed opinions on it, but my family loves it. Others have done a good job describing what to expect, but I just want to add that it is great for people with less adventurous palettes and big eaters. My husband was so impressed when we went that he complimented me on my dining choices and kept going on about how good I was at picking restaurants lol.

We tried for the first time the other day for lunch. We were overflow to the Diamond Horseshoe. Food was good and Ooey Goohey was great. Heavy food, but we had fun celebrating Thanksgiving in May! I would have enjoyed the actual restaurant- but the Diamond Horeshoe brought back great memories from Disneyland; first time I saw inside at WDW, and I gave me the opp to tell my kids about being made fun of, dragged OM stage at Disneyland. I say go for trying it at least once.
A happy memory!

My picky eater sister raved about the pot roast the last time we went (when it was a la carte). I think the all you care to enjoy will be a big hit this time when she gets turkey, too.

(I am an adventurous eater surrounded by people who are not, but still thought it was good.)

We love Liberty Tree Tavern! We've been there twice and will continue to go there on every trip. The restaurant is New England themed (which is funny that we go there since we are already from New England), but the food is so good. My picky kids like it, too. They like the simple foods like they would eat at Thanksgiving, but the food is good quality, so my husband and I like it, too.

Thanks, everyone! I am very reassured by your feedback. I guess it won't be a big deal if we land in the main restaurant vs the overflow at Diamond Horseshoe, as we haven't been to either place and we have no frame of reference. I assume that even if we are put in the DH instead of the LTT, we'll still get the same food?

We always liked LTT in the past, so we went last fall and it was terrible. I guess we'll just wait until they offer the menu at lunch time again instead of the pre-plated food.

We enjoyed it when we had free dining plans, but it's too expensive when I don't usually feel like stuffing myself so we don't go when paying OOP. The food is decent, aside from the blandest mac and cheese ever. I'm not sure there was even cheese in it last time we went, it was so tasteless.

Liberty Tree Tavern was the only memorable meal from my first visit to WDW back in 2001. I ate there again in July 2020 but was moved next door due to social distancing. The food and service was still great. I have another reservation for my visit this month. The food is just too good!

We have eaten there several times, the last being on our trip last month. We were there the first week of May and ate at LTT on our first park day. It was delicious as usual. Everyone enjoyed the family style dinner and the pot roast was fantastic! I have done lunch and dinner there. Never a disappointment. The Patriot's Slush is a pretty good add on as well. Especially on a hot day.

It's an important restaurant to my family. I like the food, but the atmosphere is awesome. Your kids will enjoy the food, in that it's not that adventurous either, but it's still very satisfying. The only negative. Not all tables are created equal. Just like most restaurants, I always felt like there were a few to many tables in the dining areas, and some felt like they were right in the flow of traffic.

After hearing many rave reviews, we tried LTT in March for the first time. Yoiks. It was not good at all. We were seating in the main restaurant in what appeared to be Betsy Ross inspired (?) which was really cool. Our server was nice but the food was meh. The only entree that was decent was the pot roast & all the other meats were dried out where gravy couldn't save it. The dessert was so incredibly over-sweet, we could only eat the ice cream.

I had a scrumptious Boston Cream Pie at lunchtime a few years back...and can't forget that Ooey Gooey Cake!

It's a safe pick. It's one of those "i don't want to spend a whole lotta money to try something different" kinda place. You know what you're getting. It's nothing that you haven't eaten before (albeit in a different colonial style setting). You're familiar with it and comfortable with it. Must have eaten there about a half dozen times and was never disappointed. I can say that I have, at least once, been disappointed with the food at the rest of the MK restaurants.

DH and I ate there for dinner a couple weeks ago and it was a perfect comfort food meal. I also loved not having to make any decisions other than what I wanted to drink. After ten hours of a sweaty park-hopping day I really appreciated just plopping down in the AC and zoning out while stuffing my face. Then we had energy to ride right up to the last minute and hang out on the hub grass after park close.

I wish they would bring back the a la carte menu for lunch. My DH and I always enjoyed splitting an appetizer, the turkey and dressing, and the ooey-gooey toffee cake. It was the right amount of food for us, and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. Last trip, we ate there the day after Thanksgiving and got the AYCE option. I didn't think it was as good as the a la carte items. And it cost us A LOT more!

I'm glad I found this thread.. I just booked LTT. This is our last day of our vacation and I want to experience MK as night falls and the real magic begins. Everything looks great on the menu, my DGS is picky but, I believe he will fill up with salad and rolls and maybe turkey...

We tried LTT on our last trip, and we all enjoyed it. We all got the platter even though a la carte was available. We enjoyed it. We all got to try everything.
I wouldn't mind going back, but I would want for us to be able to order a la cart since it will be summer and it's hard to eat so much in the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter