• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Talk to me about MVMCP

LuvMy3Monkeys

Mouseketeer
We have small children, and we're not sure if we should do the Christmas party or not. We've never been to it before (although we did do the halloween party last year, it was so-so). What do they do during the party that they DON'T do during normal hours? what makes it special?

The parade, fireworks and shows are unique to the party until after the last party on the 19th. The characters aren't that unique, except for the dwarfs, and meeting Mickey & Minnie together in their christmas attire.

I've done the Halloween and Christmas parties. I liked the Christmas party far better.

1) I thought the parade was better. In fact, I thought the MVMCP parade was the best parade I've ever seen -- hands down. Very kid-friendly, too.
2) I loved the snow on Main St.
3) I found the crowds to be far, far smaller. (We went to a very early Christmas party, as opposed to a Halloween party close to Oct. 31st -- so that probably accounts for the differences in crowds.)
4) I liked the hot cocoa and cookies better than the Halloween candy.

I really expected to like the Halloween party better, and was surprised when I liked the Christmas party far better.

My DD was 5 years old when we went and we closed the place down -- the last thing we did was the Candy Cane character meet and greet near the front of the park -- and had a great moment w/Winnie and Eeyore. And it was a walk-up to meet them -- no lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter