Talk to Me about the Mexican Riviera

I have done several Mexican Rivera cruises all on Disney but I sailed with DCL because of the ship and not the location. Personally I'm not a fan of most of the ports on the Mexican Rivera cruises, however in your situation I would definitely pick another cruise line.

Mazatlan has wonderful architecture. Ive take the walking tour and visited one of the most beautiful spanish churches on the planet. Mazatlan is a really pretty city once you're a few blocks away from the beach. Cabo San Lucas is very touristy and reminds me of a resort town with no history, it's really new. It's a desert with a beach and hot. San Jose del cabo is more authentic and feels like you're in Mexico. PV is green, lush and fun. If you like adventure sports, golf, the beach, great food than this is a great place to enjoy those activities. If you're a wine or beer enthusiasts then Princess, like DCL will allow you to bring alcohol on board in your carry in luggage and while you're in port.
Where are you traveling from? I'm a native Californian and we have cruised more than 30 times with Princess between my mom and hubby. If you need more tips don't hesitate to ask ♡

Mazatlan has wonderful architecture. Ive take the walking tour and visited one of the most beautiful spanish churches on the planet. Mazatlan is a really pretty city once you're a few blocks away from the beach. Cabo San Lucas is very touristy and reminds me of a resort town with no history, it's really new. It's a desert with a beach and hot. San Jose del cabo is more authentic and feels like you're in Mexico. PV is green, lush and fun. If you like adventure sports, golf, the beach, great food than this is a great place to enjoy those activities. If you're a wine or beer enthusiasts then Princess, like DCL will allow you to bring alcohol on board in your carry in luggage and while you're in port.
Where are you traveling from? I'm a native Californian and we have cruised more than 30 times with Princess between my mom and hubby. If you need more tips don't hesitate to ask ♡

Thanks for that info! I'm on my first Princess cruise in April - a California Coastal - and I've planned the ship excursion in Ensenada to two wineries, and we get a bottle of wine from one of them as part of the excursion. I was wondering how that would work if they took it when we got back on board or not.

Encouragement.....

My family (including my kids) has been blessed to travel all throughout Europe, Alaska, Hawaii, the Caribbean, Mexico and Africa on predominantly Princess. I can honestly say you and your travel companions determine what type of cruise you're going to have. I would prefer to sail on DCL but it's not always affordable, so we sail on Princess abd we always, always get blessed with on-board credit, prepaid gratuities, or reduced sailing price.
Chechnya Princess daily for price reductions on your future cruise. If the price has been lowered, call and ask for the new price. They will always honor the reduced price.

Mexico, is fun and very relaxing. Some of my favorite cruises have been to Mexico. I always feel like I'm on a,real vacation. I never dress up anymore. I bring a couple of swim suits, about 4 maxi dresses, beach pants, t-shirts, and fancy sandles and flip-flops. I really, really relax and enjoy myself.
Enjoy the Sanctuary when possible. If you're not happy with the MDR, book a specialty dining option and enjoy your experience. We live the Crown Grill and Joes Crab Shack.

I've got more tips if you need them♡

Thanks for that info! I'm on my first Princess cruise in April - a California Coastal - and I've planned the ship excursion in Ensenada to two wineries, and we get a bottle of wine from one of them as part of the excursion. I was wondering how that would work if they took it when we got back on board or not.
Just take it through security in a bag when boarding the ship from your excursion. Ask your cabin steward for a wine opener. You can enjoy them in your cabin. Ensenada is great for leather and really good food. The blow hole, LA Bufadora is just that.
Check princess regularly for price reductions. A lot of times the price with drop 1/3 and or they'll add pre-paid gratuities with onboard credit.

Oh my gosh, thanks so much for the tip! So when off the boat, basically no fresh produce whatsoever? I hadn't heard that before! Which city do you think has the best architecture? I'm wanting to do a historical city tour in one of the ports but not sure which one!
Wow all the activities sound so amazing!! That list is for Princess, right?
For your tummies sake, no fresh produce. The veggies are washed with the water. Twice we did not take heed to tge Princess Patter (like DCL'S Navigator) advice and paid dearly for it later on. Princess will also give you suggestions as to where to eat while in port. FOLLOW their suggestions!

We are in Torrance, CA! Oh my gosh you are so sweet :cutie: thank you so much for all the info!! Do you have any experience doing a kayaking excursion and where would you recommend? Is El Arco worth seeing in Cabo?

Do you have any experience using any of the spa services on board? Do you find it to be worth the splurge?

We are in Torrance, CA! Oh my gosh you are so sweet :cutie: thank you so much for all the info!! Do you have any experience doing a kayaking excursion and where would you recommend? Is El Arco worth seeing in Cabo?

Do you have any experience using any of the spa services on board? Do you find it to be worth the splurge?
Hi, I could not advise where to kayak in Cabo, but I have golfed, we rented wave runners, and swam with the sea lions. I'm don't think I would pay for an excursion to see El Arco. I do believe that there was a hurricane a few years back and the beach that used to lie between the arches has been washed over. However, you can view this beauty from the ship. My hubby likes to get a massage every cruise, so we wait until they go on sale, but even at$150.00, we feel its a lot. In September, we are golfing at our local golf club and also getting a couples massage before we cruise. We pay monthly at Massage Envy, so why not use it for a romantic pre-excursion. I do find that the spa service are really, really expensive! I've purchased a basic mani/pedi once and will NEVER do it again. If you're wanting your nails and feet done before you go, head over to the Plaza El Segundo and get them done at Nail Garden. The sanctuary is worth the splurge. So is specialty dining, a fabulous excursion and a really great piece of art from the Art Auction. Also, if you're considering splurging on the spa, think about taking a 7day cruise in lieu of a 3-5 day. Princess is currently is having a sale on Spring 2018 cruises, just a thought. Most likely its no more the a few Benjamin's difference AND they always go on sale, (price adjustment). So you could get a 7 day for the price of a 5 day

One thing to keep in mind for October, many schools in Arizona and Utah have Fall Break and many families will be cruising during October.
This is good info, as the one we are looking at, is only in October for 2018.

I do believe that there was a hurricane a few years back and the beach that used to lie between the arches has been washed over.
Um....no. We were there in May. Took a local glass bottom boat out there. They dropped us on the inside of the bay and we walked across (over) the sand to the Pacific side. And up and down that beach (0n the Pacific side).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter