• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Talking Mickey

binkee12

Mouseketeer
I know he is going silent May 12th but I'm visiting before that. When you talk to him is it the same as talking to a face character which means that he can say anything and answer questions and even say your actual name or is it more like a pre-recorded set of things that he can say?

It's a pre-recorded type thing--but really well done. We actually ended up having quite a lengthy interaction (even without children) and I thought it was pretty amazingly convincing.

I have read that the responses anre canned, but I never would have guessed. He does answer questions. It's quite an illusion. Oh, and get a video of your interaction, not just pics.

Is there any thing we can do to save this? My son loves this so much. He has autism and we love seeing how happy hearing Mickey makes him. I thought they would end up adding more characters talking, not getting rid of it.

I admit that at first I found the blinking, talking, mouth moving all a little creepy. Now though I really do enjoy it and I'm sad that we are just missing him by 1 day :( .

Is there any thing we can do to save this? My son loves this so much. He has autism and we love seeing how happy hearing Mickey makes him. I thought they would end up adding more characters talking, not getting rid of it.
The closure was decided upon quite some time ago and announced last month. It was announced early to enable all the CMs behind the scenes, who are involved in assisting Mickey’s speech, to make plans for their “next” role that will begin on May 13th. It’s a huge number of CMs who will be moving on to other roles and Disney based their decision on what was best in regards to the meet and greet.
Talking Mickey leaving Town Square theater

So happy I'm going to have one last time with him in 17 days. I love the whole atmosphere, technology, interaction....fantasy. Who knows....maybe the next thing will be even better. We all balk at change, but ...it could be great.

The closure was decided upon quite some time ago and announced last month. It was announced early to enable all the CMs behind the scenes, who are involved in assisting Mickey’s speech, to make plans for their “next” role that will begin on May 13th. It’s a huge number of CMs who will be moving on to other roles and Disney based their decision on what was best in regards to the meet and greet.
Talking Mickey leaving Town Square theater
They’re closing it because of money. It’s expensive to operate, lots of cast members, technology, and more.
If you’re going to miss it feel freee to reach out to Disney and let them know. Your voice deserves to be heard.

I’m so disappointed talking Mickey is going away! My 3 year old was gonna love this hat!

We love talking Mickey!

I actually was very surprised that they ever offered a talking Mickey in the first place when the rest of the Mickeys don’t talk. From a “preserving the magic” perspective, this has always puzzled me. Thankfully my kids are so little that this was never an issue.

I am sad to see talking Mickey go. I’m glad
we had two awesome interactions with him.

Where is talking Mickey? We will be ther just before he leaves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter