Target 10% off gift card?

I had bought 3 $100 Target gift cards for $270 during the 10% off deal. I had them emailed to me. On Monday I went to a local Target and was able to use them to buy 6 $50 Disney gift cards to use for dining on our 4 day trip to WDW this weekend. It was annoying to transfer the Target codes to a Target mobile website, which then generated the bar codes to use at the register - but it worked.

Five of the thirteen Disney GCs I ordered were not activated :furious:

One whole shipment of 8 was fine. The other shipment of 5 - not even one of them was activated. I got the run around big time yesterday from Target .com and Disney. I'm going to try and go to my local store today and see if they can help. This is really uncalled for!

Susan

One whole shipment of 8 was fine. The other shipment of 5 - not even one of them was activated. I got the run around big time yesterday from Target .com and Disney. I'm going to try and go to my local store today and see if they can help. This is really uncalled for!

Susan
Good luck! Please keep us updated.
Like me, you probably now realize it just isn't worth that extra 5% to order them online.:mad:

Maybe try posting a complaint on Target's Facebook page.

Good thing I checked this thread. Our six $50 DISNEY cards arrived last week. I just checked them now and ZERO of them have been activated.

What do I do from here?
Were you able to get these activated?

Just got my four target gift cards in the mail this week. Called the number on the back and the first card was active, so I just went online and purchased $100 worth of Disney gift cards. My redcard is my default, so I got the 5% off, then I used two gift cards to purchase $100 for a cost of $95.00 for the two. I had already received the 10% off for purchasing on black friday. Not bad. Thanks for all the tips.

Mine shipped and half arrived, the other package is somewhere in shipping limbo. Not worth the extra 5%.

My $300 worth of gift cards order on Black Friday still haven't shipped.

This is getting ridiculous.

My $100 arrived yesterday in white envelopes with GIFT CARDS printed in big red letters on the back. Not a good thing if you have trouble with your mail box!

I installed the app. How does it work? I put in my card numbers and pin and it locks up. Am I missing a trick? Thanks for any help.

I'm having trouble with the app too! I used it successfully for three trips between September 2013 and September 2014. I went into the app about a month ago and it wouldn't allow me to delete my old gift cards. It just locked up completely. I deleted and re-installed the app, which wiped out all the data. I added a gift card successfully, but again could not delete it. I thought maybe it had something to do with me upgrading my iPhone from a 5 to a 6+, or maybe the new iOS. I emailed support but never received any kind of response. I'm hoping it will at least allow me to enter new gift cards for our January trip as it made it super easy to keep track of the balances on each card. If I have to delete and reinstall after the trip, I'm fine with that since we'll likely spend most of the gift card money.

Weird. Did you actually enter and select your Target gift cards for payment? I had to select my Target Redcard first and then before I committed to the purchase I clicked on something like "Use Giftcards" on the lower right. I could then enter my giftcards or use giftcards that were already entered into the Target system.

I figured out what I did wrong. I put the gift cards in, but didn't click apply. All well, who doesn't need more Disney gift cards???

I installed the app. How does it work? I put in my card numbers and pin and it locks up. Am I missing a trick? Thanks for any help.

The app has been useless for me for months. I can't refresh balances, add or delete cards. It just freezes then eventually crashes.

Susan

Just wanted to report back.

I went to my local Target today with the un-activated gift cards. The manager tried to refund them and let me buy new ones but the system wouldn't let her. She then tried the .com phone number and got the same run around I did and then they actually hung up on her when she asked for a manager! My store manager was so nice and was trying so hard to make things right for me. She sent my son and I to the in-store Starbucks for a free coffee while she looked into it. She finally came back and said she was just going to give me 5 new cards at no charge and she would try and deal with .com later. She was extremely sweet and I was impressed with her level of customer service. All that being said, I'm done ordering the GCs online. Too much of a pain when things go wrong.

I hope all of you having trouble with cards that aren't activated get it resolved. Somehow .com thinks it our problem and washes their hands of it. Ridiculous!!

Glad the store manager helped you with the gift cards susan137.
You are exactly right about .com customer support. They told me the problem was between me and Disney.

I finally received all my Disney GC. There were three separate packages, one which was unable to be traced. I called to verify cards, and they were all active. It seems I'm one of the lucky ones. I probably won't do it this way again. Just not worth the 5%. I hope everyone gets all their card issues resolved.

I finally received all my Disney GC. There were three separate packages, one which was unable to be traced. I called to verify cards, and they were all active. It seems I'm one of the lucky ones. I probably won't do it this way again. Just not worth the 5%. I hope everyone gets all their card issues resolved.
Exactly, I can wholeheartedly promise you that it is NOT worth the 5%!

Today, for the first time, the Target website indicates that my 3 gift cards have shipped. However, it says they shipped on 11/30. We all know that isn't true.

I just want to get my $300 worth of gift cards and move on. I am not planning on buying Disney GCs or anything else exciting, I just wanted to save 10%.

Still waiting on my 2nd batch. According to the UPS tracking number, they have been transferred to my local post office. That was 9 days ago. Local PO has no record. Called Target, they want me to wait 3 more days and they will process the refund. Not worth saving an extra 5%.

Still waiting on my 2nd batch. According to the UPS tracking number, they have been transferred to my local post office. That was 9 days ago. Local PO has no record. Called Target, they want me to wait 3 more days and they will process the refund. Not worth saving an extra 5%.
I am in the same boat. I ordered a bunch of Disney cards an one $400 shipment is in limbo since Dec 2nd. I called USPS and they don't know where it is. I called UPS twice. The first time they told me to wait a day and call back and when I did I was told I needed to talk to Target. I called Target and they wanted me to wait FIVE business days which of course puts be 1 day before we are supposed to leave. Most of my Disney gift cards are for my DVC dues so I'll just take $400 out of that pile and deal with this when I get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter