• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Target 5% off Disney Gift Cards Limited????

horse11

DIS Veteran
Ok so I just recently caught on to the the Target deal on Disney Gift Cards. When I made my first purchase they limited me to 10 cards. Just 6 days later they now have a 3 card limit? Is this now the case or did something go wrong with the ordering process?

Try a different store. My stores here don't limit. Sometimes I find one store has some silly rule and the store down the street doesn't have the same rules.

Or just go back the next day and buy 3 more. LOL

Ok so I just recently caught on to the the Target deal on Disney Gift Cards. When I made my first purchase they limited me to 10 cards. Just 6 days later they now have a 3 card limit? Is this now the case or did something go wrong with the ordering process?
It must be the store that you went to. I purchased 36 GCs at one store in a single transaction last week. There was no problem at all. I even stacked my REDCard discount with the Pharmacy Rewards discount and the cashier didn't even bat an eyelash.

This was on line. Our nearest Target store is 60 miles away. It is much cheeper to buy them on line than to spend the gas to phyically go to the store.

I am thinking two different things it could be, I had a problem last year.

My problem is this, I have a target credit card, with a $200 limit. I bought some cards say 4, went right over paid them off. The next week went in bought 4 cards, went over paid them off and continued this pattern for about 10 weeks. I got a letter from target saying that I was fraudulently using the card. Went to target to ask what it meant, no one knew. 2 hours on the phone and the answer is you can not build up your own credit. I am only allowed to buy $200 a month even if I am paying it off.

I do not have a target debit card but dd does. She bought a bunch of cards, she eventually got that she could only buy three more. She did not understand. Target said it was from her bank not them. She went to her bank and they had some kind of stop at $1000 to a store in a month, for fraud protection. She just asked them to up the limit to say $1500 in the month and she was fine.

I am thinking two different things it could be, I had a problem last year.

My problem is this, I have a target credit card, with a $200 limit. I bought some cards say 4, went right over paid them off. The next week went in bought 4 cards, went over paid them off and continued this pattern for about 10 weeks. I got a letter from target saying that I was fraudulently using the card. Went to target to ask what it meant, no one knew. 2 hours on the phone and the answer is you can not build up your own credit. I am only allowed to buy $200 a month even if I am paying it off.

I do not have a target debit card but dd does. She bought a bunch of cards, she eventually got that she could only buy three more. She did not understand. Target said it was from her bank not them. She went to her bank and they had some kind of stop at $1000 to a store in a month, for fraud protection. She just asked them to up the limit to say $1500 in the month and she was fine.

I wonder if that could be the problem. When I first open the card I had over $2000 of credit. My Credit is still perfect since I pay my credit cards off every month. Most of the time well before they are due. However I have not used my Target card in over two years so I just found out they lowered my limit to $200. I bought 4 cards 6 days ago. and paid it off as soon as it appeared on the card. But the problem with this theory is before I even put any of my personal information in it limited me to 3 cards. It allowed my to purchase another card right after I made the purchase of the three cards but I canceled the transaction when I found out that they charged me shipping since the discount brought me down to less than $50. Also this was only my second purchase of cards so don't know. Hope this does not continue to happen. I am running out of time. May have to resort back to my Disney Visa Card again.

Sorry..this is a first time hearing this for me..so am I correct in saying if you use your Target credit card to purchase a Disney Gift Card (at Traget of course) you get the usual Target 5% discount? If so, is this true for any gift card you buy at Target using Target credit card? Thanks!

Sorry..this is a first time hearing this for me..so am I correct in saying if you use your Target credit card to purchase a Disney Gift Card (at Traget of course) you get the usual Target 5% discount? If so, is this true for any gift card you buy at Target using Target credit card? Thanks!
For the most part, yes. You cannot get the discount if you purchase a Target GC or a prepaid Visa (or MasterCard or AmEx) GC with your Target card, but pretty much all of the other GCs will be discounted.

Online Target appears to limit you to 3. May be able to get around this by making multiple purchases but haven't tried that.

Online Target limits the purchase of the Disney gift cards to three per transaction. If you want to purchase more, you have to do it in another transaction. I just purchased 12 gift cards on 4 different orders with my red card. I was able to save the 5% and I got free shipping.

This was on line. Our nearest Target store is 60 miles away. It is much cheeper to buy them on line than to spend the gas to phyically go to the store.

It's because you're doing it online. If you went to the store, you'd probably not have to deal with that, but I can understand not going when it's 60 miles away.

Gift card fraud is a big problem in retail stores, so they probably limit it when you're doing it online. Could be the problem.

3 is now the limit on DIsney Gift Cards on line. I checked into having my credit increased but it seems the problem is more because of the problems Target had with peoples credit cards being compromised by someone whom got into the system. They are not increaseing anyone's credit cards right now but very soon will be looking into it. They told me my credit was reduced due to non useage. They did say there would be no problem making a purchase, paying it off right away, and then making another purchase. This could be done as much as I choose to as long as it shows payment has been accepted in there system. So I guess that will be my plan.

Next time your in the store just tell them your credit is limited but you would like to still get the 5% off on like 20 gift cards, they have the abilty to give you the discount like they have for me about a year ago when my debit card didn't work.

Next time your in the store just tell them your credit is limited but you would like to still get the 5% off on like 20 gift cards, they have the abilty to give you the discount like they have for me about a year ago when my debit card didn't work.

Now this would be worth driving 60 miles to the store for. I sure hope it works. Thanks so much!!!!

Unless there's something saying it's not permanently limited (which I haven't look so don't know for sure what you're seeing), check back later. The first time I tired to order it said my limit was 10, but I could only purchase 5 because of stock. Two days later I could get 10.

I purchased 20 Disney gift card last Friday with my Target debit card and my 5% pharmacy rewards coupon. I saved $97.50 on the $1000 worth of gift cards. My cashier was really excited that we're going to Disney!

I had that with the target debit card. Apparently you can't buy $9,000 worth of gift cards in a single transaction... or even more than $1,000 once per week.

I had to get the target credit card after that. Bought $4,000 came home and paid on line then went back the next week and got another $4,000.

They have some weird setup with the debit card. Had I have known, I would have went strait to the credit card.

I didn't want another credit card though... :confused3

You can sync an American Express card to get $10 off $50 at Lowes (home improvement store) right now and they sell Disney Gift cards.

You can sync multiple cards if you open a tab or window for each card before you add it. Works on any Amex card issued by Amex, not sure about cobranded cards like the Macy's, but it works on Blue Cash, Starwood, Gold Rewards, and so on.

Also if you don't have a Starwood card you can get 25,000 points if you spend $5,000 in the first six months. Annual fee is $0 the first year. You would end up with 30,000 points, enough for three free nights at Swan/Dolphin. PM me if you can't find the offer or if you get the red warning that you are only eligible for 10,000 points.

To use this card and still get 5% off by buying Target eGift Cards online at Gift Card Zen. But they can only be used online. If you pay any portion on a Red Card it should ship free. The Rx 5% off worked online last time I had it.

I walked into the store yesterday and bought 30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter