Target credit card

disney ambassador

faith, trust, pixie dust
I am hoping someone here can answer this question for me. I have asked on the Target Canada Facebook page, but I just get the run around.

I have a Target red credit card from the US. We will be getting a Target store here where I live in September. I am wondering if I have to have a seperate Canadian Red credit card or can I just use my American one?

I am super excited for them to come. Especially since the only place to shop for general merchandise right now is Walmart. And I do shop there, but I would like to have variety and choice.

Sorry, I can't help you because I don't have a Target card, but I wanted to ask if you have a US address for your Target Red Credit Card? I was doing some research to see if I could get a Red Card to save 5% on Disney gift cards, but it looked to me like it was only available to US residents?

You can use your US Visa anywhere. Just not sure why you would want to use it for purchases made in Canada - with the exchange rates/fees, etc. better off to get the CDN version for purchases here. I would assume you still get the 5%

And no, you don't have to have a US address to get a US target visa :)

You should have a Canadian one. If not, you'll end up being charged in US dollars which isn't advantageous right now.

Since no one has answered your question yet, I will.

You have to have a separate Canadian Target Red Card in order to get your 5% discount while shopping at Canadian Target stores. We have both a Canadian Target Credit card and a US one.

Called Target, and they said they were not able to figure out a cross border system, so each country requires a separate Red Card in order to utilize the discount.

If you don't want the discount, then you can use your Target card cross border, and as with any cross border card, you will encounter a 2.5% foreign transaction fee.

Tiger

I want my discount!! lol

To the poster who asked about applying for a US card. I did it in a store in the US when I was there. I believe I had to give them my Social Insurance Number, prove my address (I used my driver's license since it also has my picture on it), and maybe another major credit card. I honestly don't remember. It wasn't too big of a deal though. The only thing that is a pain is you can only charge under $300 to the account at one time and it takes forever for the payment to go through I find, even when I pay it right away and with cash. The other pain is that you can't pay your account at the register, you have to go to the customer service desk.

U.S. Target Visa no longer incurs the 2.5% international transaction fee.

I want my discount!! lol

To the poster who asked about applying for a US card. I did it in a store in the US when I was there. I believe I had to give them my Social Insurance Number, prove my address (I used my driver's license since it also has my picture on it), and maybe another major credit card. I honestly don't remember. It wasn't too big of a deal though. The only thing that is a pain is you can only charge under $300 to the account at one time and it takes forever for the payment to go through I find, even when I pay it right away and with cash. The other pain is that you can't pay your account at the register, you have to go to the customer service desk.

The credit limit is individual and set by Target. We have a $700.00 limit on our US Target card, and am waiting for the computer to raise the limit, as that is the only way for a limit increase.

Tiger

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter