Target gift card.....ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

DawnM

DIS Veteran
Target has a "spend $50, get $10 gift card" deal.

I took my son back to college after Spring Break yesterday and we went to Target to stock him up on some snacks and breakfast items. The lady checking us out scanned the coupon and said, "that worked" and then I got sidetracked loading up and answering my son and his friend's questions that I realized only on my way home (4 hour trip) that I never got the gift card!

Do you think if I go to a local Target they will honor it? Should I call corporate? Or am I out of luck?

Anyone had this happen? (And yes, I know I can go ask, but thought I would find out if anyone knew.)

Thanks.

That happened to me before and I went back with my receipt, they said no. The Target coupon initiates them scan the gift card right away. Which means the cashier forgot to hand it to me or I left it on the counter. They wouldn't help me.

I'd call the store you were at and ask them. If you can look at your receipt and tell them what register you were at and what time you were there they may be able to watch their cameras and see if you left the gift card at the counter. If they see that you did they may honor it. This is the sort of thing that would really depend on the manager.

Target has a "spend $50, get $10 gift card" deal.

I took my son back to college after Spring Break yesterday and we went to Target to stock him up on some snacks and breakfast items. The lady checking us out scanned the coupon and said, "that worked" and then I got sidetracked loading up and answering my son and his friend's questions that I realized only on my way home (4 hour trip) that I never got the gift card!

Do you think if I go to a local Target they will honor it? Should I call corporate? Or am I out of luck?

Anyone had this happen? (And yes, I know I can go ask, but thought I would find out if anyone knew.)

Thanks.
Yes, check your receipt. Corp programmed the registers wrong, and it was taking $10 off instead of giving a gift card.

Call your store!

This happened to me once at Old Navy with super cash - I went back and they gave it to me

Call your store!

This happened to me once at Old Navy with super cash - I went back and they gave it to me

It was at a store 4 hours away. I didn't even realize it until I was 2 hours into my trip home.

Ok, I called. I made 3 calls and got put on hold to get transferred 4 times, so I told my story 5 times.

They said I have to come in to THAT store only.

Normally I am diligent about checking these things, but I had 3 other people with me who kept asking me questions, etc....and I lost track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter