• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Target IPhone 7 deal question..

mom2rose&john

DIS Veteran
I am interested in the IPhone 7 +$250 gift card deal at Target. I am most interested in the 128 gig phone. Can anyone give me the scoop on what it is like to do this on Thursday night? Will it take hours and hours or is it relatively simple? Do they usually have enough phones? Do I go straight to electronics or do they hand out cards like a lottery system? Should I arrive before doors open or can I wait a few hours after they open. I don't want to trade in my existing phone because I am going to give it to my son and add a line. Will this make it easier or more difficult? Thanks for any and all advice.

A cousin of mine who bought 2 iPad from target on BF said that there was a separate line for apple products(San Jose, CA area). could vary from store to store though. You shouldnt have a problem without a trade in. you just have to pay full price or on a monthly plan.

The deal on the iPhone is you have to do the monthly plan.

I think as long as you aren't needing the shiny black you'll be fine. That color has been over popular this year. As a hint go to target.com now and see if the phone you want is available now in your local stores. If so you're in good shape.

I did this same deal last year. Did it Friday late morning. Still got what I wanted. You do need to work with Target Mobile and that takes some time. Each person takes 15 min or so (even not trading in phones) so you may have to wait.

I don't believe you have to be there at opening (unless that's your thing). I'd go in 2-3 hours after opening.

Did this last year. I suggest getting their early. We were 2in line for the phones and where there for hours.
It take a long time as they set your account up and they had troubles doing it with connections. Few years earlier we had same problem at Walmart. To many accounts being set up at once.

But it was worth it as last year we got 3 phones!

FYI - Just checked the Verizon site and the iPhone 7 and 7 plus will be free with trade in. It's a monthly credit that's issued over the 2 year payment period. Good through Monday.

I am interested in the IPhone 7 +$250 gift card deal at Target. I am most interested in the 128 gig phone. Can anyone give me the scoop on what it is like to do this on Thursday night? Will it take hours and hours or is it relatively simple? Do they usually have enough phones? Do I go straight to electronics or do they hand out cards like a lottery system? Should I arrive before doors open or can I wait a few hours after they open. I don't want to trade in my existing phone because I am going to give it to my son and add a line. Will this make it easier or more difficult? Thanks for any and all advice.

So, did you get one? We were one of the first in line at our Target. Once you got in, and went to the "Apple Shop" on the map, they didn't tell people until AFTER the line was formed, that the iPhone line would be separate. That worked out in our favor however, and we were 2nd in line. The 1st people in line were confused about something, and had a prepaid account or something or other, so the ONE person handling phones had them step aside, which made us actually the first ones. We wanted 2 iPhone 7 Pluses, and there was only ONE in the whole store! So, DS got that one, 32G, and I paid the $46 for the tax. Then, I got a 128G Rose Gold 7, and was able to use his gift card to pay my tax. It still took about a 1/2 hour, which is long for the people standing behind us, but not nearly as long as it usually takes me at the AT&T store. We were able to get the XBox 1 S and a few other door buster deals, which all went on the gift cards. I was still able to get my 5% off with Red Card and not put it on the card- but she had to call a supervisor to do that? With the $40 gift card from the xbox, we still have $120 left to spend! Not bad considering I would have bought us new phones anyway.

So I am confused about this deal. You still end up paying the retail price of the phone correct? It is just hidden in your monthly charge? I want to get a new I*Phone for free but I still want to keep my unlimited texting and data plan from Virgin Mobile for $33 per month. I know not possible but still trying to figure out the cheapest way to do it.

Yes, the phones we got were actually $769 and $749. You also have to pay the tax up front. With Verizon and ATT&T, the line charge for these phones are $15 per line instead of $40 per line like with the old contract plans. Your plan does seem cheaper.

FYI - Just checked the Verizon site and the iPhone 7 and 7 plus will be free with trade in. It's a monthly credit that's issued over the 2 year payment period. Good through Monday.
That is what we did through TMobile about 2 months ago. We traded in our IPhone 6 plus for a 7 plus. The trade in amount was credited to our account and now the bill comes showing a monthly charge for the phone along with a credit for the same amount. This will go on for two years. So basically the phone is free, unless we want to walk away from T Mobile. Then we have to pay the balance owed on the phone.
Denise

So basically the phone is free, unless we want to walk away from T Mobile. Then we have to pay the balance owed on the phone.
Denise

How much is T-Mobile charging per month for service. If they are charging $50+ per month for unlimited data I'm not sure I would be money ahead even if they gave me a free I*Phone.

My bill is $137 a month including taxes for two IPhone 7 pluses with unlimited everything.
Denise

Update. My son, daughter and I arrived at 6:20 and went to the Apple shop area. We also got in the wrong line because the organization was a little confusing. Once we registered our phone number we went and shopped and waited and waited. They texted me a link to check our wait time. I was #10 so I thought it would take 1 to 1.5 hours. Luckily the Starbucks in the store was open. That killed some time. The wait was insane. 220 minutes later my cell rang and we went back to the kiosk. Thankfully our carrier is Verizon because Sprint signal wasn't working. The two customers next to me were so fed up. One woman was cussing about Target and the issues. No idea if it was Sprint or Target. We were also the second to last to get the 128 gig Rose Gold and it took us less than half an hour to complete the process. got the gift card and checked out we were home be 11. All in all it was a success. Yeah it was a long process but I spent time with my kids, shopped for other things and got a good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter