Target Redcard 5% discount on Disney gift cards???

Looks like every present for the next couple years will be from the Disney Store!!
Looks like it. I think I can purchase theme park tickets with it. Not too sure if I can get annual passes though or I can possibly sell at card pool at a reduction. Would love to know if there are Disney gift cards available in the store though.

Looks like it. I think I can purchase theme park tickets with it. Not too sure if I can get annual passes though or I can possibly sell at card pool at a reduction. Would love to know if there are Disney gift cards available in the store though.

Have you tried calling your local store and asking the manager?

Local store here closed and store in downtown Disney places you on hold where you get lost in purgatory.

Looks like Disney gift cards are back in stock online.

Unfortunately, the Red card discount isn't working on them right now though. Hopefully they'll fix it, as I don't want to have to call every time to get the discount!

Looks like Disney gift cards are back in stock online.
I just purchased a Disney Gift Card from Target and did not get the 5% discount for the red card. I've purchase over $500 worth of Disney Gift cards over the past few month using the discount but it did not work today. Hopefully it will come back but I have my doubts.

Just purchased Disney gift cards at the store and got my 5% off including a few SWA cards and also got the discount. So it seems the discount glitch only affected on line :confused3

Just tried it online and didn't get the discount today. It worked just a week ago.

Quick question. My wife won a $1000 disney "store" gift card. Know these are different from the disney gift cards. Now can I purchase disney gift cards from the disney store and Florida resident tickets(yes I live in Florida)

Are you sure this is a Disney Store gift card instead of the Disney Gift Card? I think I remember viewing FAQ awhile ago that the store cards only go up to $150 but the more flexible disney cards can be loaded up to $1,000.

Please be careful when purchasing the Disney cards at Target, both online and in-store.

I bought 8, in-store, over a period of a couple months. When we got to Disney and wanted to apply them to our room charges at check-out, one was invalid. I did not have the receipt and Target would not help at all, even though I'd paid with my Target card and they should have been able to look it up.

I lost $50, which is far greater than the amount I'd saved.

Check other threads that mention the same issues, especially with online purchases.
They can look up the fact that you purchased a giftcard, but can only see the giftcard number within 30 days.

Please be careful when purchasing the Disney cards at Target, both online and in-store.

I bought 8, in-store, over a period of a couple months. When we got to Disney and wanted to apply them to our room charges at check-out, one was invalid. I did not have the receipt and Target would not help at all, even though I'd paid with my Target card and they should have been able to look it up.

I lost $50, which is far greater than the amount I'd saved.

Check other threads that mention the same issues, especially with online purchases.

There is an Iphone app that allows a user to enter all their Disney Gift cards. It shows how much is on each card. It is a nice way to validate each card when you receive them. It will also update the amounts as you use them.

I have used raise.com or giftcardzen.com to get target gift cards and then used the gift card to buy a disney card on line. I used a 2% cash back credit card. So I was getting a target card at about 4% off and then 2% cash back and used it to get a 5% reduced Disney card on target.com

Even if the 5% is gone, you could get a deal with buying discounted gift cards.

Actaully, raise.com has been selling Disney cards at 5% off recently.

Reactions: acr
I'm so disappointed about so many people no longer getting the 5% discount with the Red Card. I just opened an account earlier this week just for getting Disney Giftcards at a discount. It seems I've missed the boat on this one. :(

I'm so disappointed about so many people no longer getting the 5% discount with the Red Card. I just opened an account earlier this week just for getting Disney Giftcards at a discount. It seems I've missed the boat on this one. :(

You can still get it in store, just not online at the moment. Whether that will change, we don't know. People are more upset that with the removal of the 5% discount online you can't stack it with discounted gift cards.

You can still get it in store, just not online at the moment. Whether that will change, we don't know. People are more upset that with the removal of the 5% discount online you can't stack it with discounted gift cards.

Thanks so much for this. As a new red card user, I didn't realize it was still working in store I do have some Target giftcards that I was hoping to use in combination with my redcard online for a discount. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter