TAs Prospects For Dopey 2018

RunDisney Crazy

Mouseketeer
Good morning. With all the excitement surrounding the 2018 Marathon Weekend, seems like the fever pitch is really heating up. With early registration periods that have already passed through Travel Agents, then the '17 past participant link, the regular registration offers through agents and then general registration coming soon, the numbers should get very interesting.

I've always singed up through general registration and have gotten in to the past 3 weekends I have run. But decided to go the way of the TA this year. And boy, thinking more and more that it was the best idea.

Seems like a win - win, but wanted to hear thoughts and experiences from others who have gone down that road. Chime in!

We have APs and don't like package deals, so doubt that we would ever go this route.

We have APs and don't like package deals, so doubt that we would ever go this route.

TAs are now able to waive the ticket requirement of the package, which helps a lot. You still have to commit to a resort stay, but I always stay on site anyway so there's no real down side there. If you wanted to stay off site, I can see it being a deterrent, though. At least one TA also offers a cancellation option (for a fee) prior to a certain date. While not as good as registration insurance or deferral, it's better than nothing given the increasingly early registration windows.

It depends, if I was going alone I would probably do TA for the room discounts and possible cancellation option. That being said, one of my friends is DVC so when we go together that option is out.

I've had great experiences with TA. I used both Acclaim & Go Magical Miles. Yes they have packages, but even if you have DVC/AP you can still go through a TA and they will work with you on hotel stays/tickets. I.e. if you don't need tickets because you have AP then they may be able to waive that requirement, etc. But you have to call them and ask.

For example, in one case I didn't want Disney tickets because I was tired of going, so I asked to switch to Universal tickets and she allowed it - so win for me.

TAs are now able to waive the ticket requirement of the package, which helps a lot. You still have to commit to a resort stay, but I always stay on site anyway so there's no real down side there. If you wanted to stay off site, I can see it being a deterrent, though. At least one TA also offers a cancellation option (for a fee) prior to a certain date. While not as good as registration insurance or deferral, it's better than nothing given the increasingly early registration windows.

Yeah. I was always a lil skeptical, but did a lot of research the last couple of weeks and don't really see the downside We stay on property so the tix requirement works. Going to purchase anyway and seems like the prices are the exact same. I'm being told TAs have discounted room rates versus rack. I know Disney sometimes releases discounts, but you have to hope for, 1. for it to be released, 2. it applies during your stay, and 3. you can actually secure a room at those prices. I had a personal PIN discount this past year during W&D and never had available rooms.

And this one does offer bib resell / transfer. I have no intention of not going but a little scary booking this far out. Nice to have that fall back.

For example, in one case I didn't want Disney tickets because I was tired of going, so I asked to switch to Universal tickets and she allowed it - so win for me.
That's interesting she switched them. I thought it was Disney who made them sell it as a package so by the TA changing tickets, it works against Disney's package idea of keeping you on property. She must have switched them on her own dime & kept your tickets to then to sell to someone else, otherwise it's seems like they could just not do tickets ever if Disney doesn't actually keep track of what they sell as the package!?!?

That's interesting she switched them. I thought it was Disney who made them sell it as a package so by the TA changing tickets, it works against Disney's package idea of keeping you on property. She must have switched them on her own dime & kept your tickets to then to sell to someone else, otherwise it's seems like they could just not do tickets ever if Disney doesn't actually keep track of what they sell as the package!?!?

Interesting. I've heard someone else say something similar about switching. Unless they just turn in the money to Disney and as long as the TA collects one way or the other, the money is still in hand. I don't have a problem with the tix since I need them.

Which, just made me think of a question. What's the best way to get from Disney property to Universal without having a vehicle??

Has anyone heard anything from TAs? Time is getting short before general registration opens up. Should be fun to watch but I wish my deal had more details with the TA I'm going with.

Has anyone heard anything from TAs? Time is getting short before general registration opens up. Should be fun to watch but I wish my deal had more details with the TA I'm going with.

I asked my TA (Acclaim) when we should be getting registration links and was told that they would be sent to us directly from Active some time around 2/14.

Nothing yet. Did receive the email from the Agent With Wish Upon A Star with Us and she said we would probably receive on or around the 14th. Wish I had it before general registration opens!

Nothing yet. Did receive the email from the Agent With Wish Upon A Star with Us and she said we would probably receive on or around the 14th. Wish I had it before general registration opens!

There's nothing to worry about. TAs are given their own allotment of bibs and nothing that happens during general registration will alter that.

I'm actually calmer than expected. It was nice yesterday not having to worry about getting in although a lot easier than a few years back. Thanks!!

Has anyone who pre-registered with Acclaim gotten a registration link yet?

Some of the links for the charities have been delayed as they had a personal change in the that department and are working on catching up. Not sure if that is the same with the TAs, but could possible explain the delay.

I haven't received my either from Wish Upon A Star With Us. I would have thought by now for sure. but then again, Disney doesn't even have the travel providers listed. They are soooo bad at their websites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter