Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Arts 2021

Oh yeah, great stuff to take in! I rearranged my schedule so that I'm there day 1 of the festival, so going in (mostly) blind!

This will be fun!

How busy is it in there, especially with all the vloggers?

I am envious of you who are going. It's my favorite festival, although there may not be all the things that happen that I liked. Have fun!

How busy is it in there, especially with all the vloggers?

There probably is only like 300 total Disney Vloggers that would possibly be there. So while they might be around it shouldn't get in the way. The biggest channels will likely get invited to a media event leading up to the first day as well.

Yup 1/15 for us expect a bunch of reviews and normally they have that media event prior to the event with food as well.

Do you know when the media event usually is? We will be there on the first day (first time for us at this festival), but I would love to hear some media reviews first.

Do you know when the media event usually is? We will be there on the first day (first time for us at this festival), but I would love to hear some media reviews first.
Usually is a day before. They would have samples of some items. I think next year it'll probably be day 1 and give the media a gift card so they can walk around and try the items they want

I know, I'm excited, too! Looks like they switched up a few things from years past. We don't go till 1/24 so at least there will be 1000 vlogger reviews of all dishes by then!
We are also going to be there 1/24 -1/31 We are thinking Epcot for Friday the 29th. We did Festival the arts the same week this past yr and we LOVED it !!!

We are also going to be there 1/24 -1/31 We are thinking Epcot for Friday the 29th. We did Festival the arts the same week this past yr and we LOVED it !!!

If you are only going to Epcot a single day I would avoid the weekend when it is going to be busier IMO. During the week its more likely to be a little slower at least until late in the day.

I am there from the 15th until the 25th and plan on hopping to Epcot most evenings where possible. I don't think it will be an issue and have currently HS scheduled like 4 days (only planning on 2 but want the extra shots a Boarding Groups for ROR).

We do not have AP's any longer...we did last yr, but it expired in early Feb and we didnt extend it. We live in Oregon and werent planning to return until late 2022. We are going with another family and want to do UO for 2 days, then Disney for 3. 1 MK, 1 AK and 1 Epcot. I have done some reading and know to avoid UO on the weekends. Tentative plan is UO monday and tuesday. then MK on wed or thurs ( and a no park day) then Epcot Friday and AK Saturday. Part of my reasoning for Epcot on Friday is that so far with the festivals, ive seen that some booths are only opening on weekends ? So thinking Friday has better shot, and saturday would be busier than Friday ?
We have all been to epcot , but they havent done festival of arts before

If you are only going to Epcot a single day I would avoid the weekend when it is going to be busier IMO. During the week its more likely to be a little slower at least until late in the day.

I am there from the 15th until the 25th and plan on hopping to Epcot most evenings where possible. I don't think it will be an issue and have currently HS scheduled like 4 days (only planning on 2 but want the extra shots a Boarding Groups for ROR).
Same, we plan on hopping to Epcot most nights...though every post I've seen says most people expect to hop to Epcot over any other park, so I hope there is availability. We're staying at Yacht Club, so we really want to make use of it!

Looking at what they released so far, many items are the same from years past. I would watch vlogs/read reviews from last year.

Same, we plan on hopping to Epcot most nights...though every post I've seen says most people expect to hop to Epcot over any other park, so I hope there is availability. We're staying at Yacht Club, so we really want to make use of it!

I wouldn't worry too much:
  • Epcot has the largest capacity of any park. With "35% Capacity" it actually can hold over 110% of its normal daily attendance pre-covid. Will that many more people hop to Epcot than normal?
  • Most people on this forum know the ins and outs so they know its smart to go to Epcot others will not or will jump to a park to get in line for a big ride at closing
  • I would say a vast majority of individuals that bought their tickets have no clue park hopping is back or if they were told they view it as a hassle to upgrade their tickets
  • Epcot is pretty much always the last park to hit capacity (Epcot has a single day right now Dec 31 of being "sold out")
Thing likely will change by March/April but Disney doesn't have limits in place on park hopping (other than entry time) because they believe it won't be an issue at least through January (possibly February). If Disney was worried they would be talking about the park hopping reservation system or something similar. Disney also risks upset guests if they can never use their Park Hoppers so I suspect their will be approval in place to bypass a park capacity since there is no legal requirement. With Epcot its such a large park it can eat up a ton of headcount.

This will be our first time to experience this festival and I'm pretty excited. We are going the last weekend of January but right now, it appears none of the parks are open late, Epcot only until 7:00. I hope this changes so that there is more time to explore and enjoy.

This will be our first time to experience this festival and I'm pretty excited. We are going the last weekend of January but right now, it appears none of the parks are open late, Epcot only until 7:00. I hope this changes so that there is more time to explore and enjoy.

Would be 100% on board if Disney just happens to want to keep Epcot open until like 10pm haha.

I wouldn't worry too much:
  • Epcot has the largest capacity of any park. With "35% Capacity" it actually can hold over 110% of its normal daily attendance pre-covid. Will that many more people hop to Epcot than normal?
  • Most people on this forum know the ins and outs so they know its smart to go to Epcot others will not or will jump to a park to get in line for a big ride at closing
  • I would say a vast majority of individuals that bought their tickets have no clue park hopping is back or if they were told they view it as a hassle to upgrade their tickets
  • Epcot is pretty much always the last park to hit capacity (Epcot has a single day right now Dec 31 of being "sold out")
Thing likely will change by March/April but Disney doesn't have limits in place on park hopping (other than entry time) because they believe it won't be an issue at least through January (possibly February). If Disney was worried they would be talking about the park hopping reservation system or something similar. Disney also risks upset guests if they can never use their Park Hoppers so I suspect their will be approval in place to bypass a park capacity since there is no legal requirement. With Epcot its such a large park it can eat up a ton of headcount.
We're going end of January so I don't expect huge crowds anyway. I'm sure we'll be good to go, and like you said many people may not know about hoppers, or even want to pay for them with the short hours.

I actually wish they would do a park hopping reservation system, and sort of surprised they aren't. I would like the confirmation of knowing where we can go before day of.

We're going end of January so I don't expect huge crowds anyway. I'm sure we'll be good to go, and like you said many people may not know about hoppers, or even want to pay for them with the short hours.

I actually wish they would do a park hopping reservation system, and sort of surprised they aren't. I would like the confirmation of knowing where we can go before day of.
I think you'll get an idea days before if a particular park is already at capacity or at capacity in certain brackets.
Anyways we should be getting more info on how park hopping will work in the coming days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter