• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taste of Magic Kingdom VIP Tour

I read about this but where would I find it for booking?

Thinking this may be something new to do in September. Doing Highway in the Sky in a couple of weeks for our second time, and although love it, the novelty will have been worn off after the second time. I dont have a desire to do the Lagoon tasting and get in and out of the pontoon boats in the evening.

Thanks.

FYI: I called about the tour and was told there is not a discount for Disney Visa cardholders. Payment must be made in full when booked, and there are no refunds.

It most likely will be a popular offering, even without a discount or cancellation policy.

I booked for May through DSS and was told 2day cancel and no discounts.

Thank you for sharing your info! I decided to purchase online, and the form clearly states that there is a two-day cancellation policy. As has often been said on these boards, it would be nice if the people who field phone calls had accurate information! :)

Can anyone please give a review of the tour? I've booked for our upcoming trip, but would love to get details!!

I went this past April and didn't feel it was worth it. Too many sweets on the tour. When we did it, our group was 30 people and it was difficult hearing the guides and even staying together at some points. Plus we weren't given headsets. I think they may have changed that now. Hopefully someone who has gone more recently can give you a better review.

We went the first day it was offered to the public and enjoyed it very much. Apparently same day as the bloggers linked above as we are in some of their pictures- haha! Those give a good recap of the tour but we liked it. I agree It could be so much better.... but we thought it was fun and interesting. We didn’t have headsets either.

We did this tour on 7/16, myself, DH & DD13.

We checked in at Tony's Town Square, approx 8:45. DD & I have a shellfish allergy & it was noted on our reservation. We were asked about cross contamination & other allergy related questions, which was very reassuring & appreciated. At this time we received our VIP Tour lanyard. About 9:00 the group was advised that we can move into the restaurant & there were a few tables set up as well as a table with coffee, tea, waters & Mickey Head cinnamon rolls! We were all invited to take a cinnamon roll & drinks & be seated at any table. This is when each group member was given a head set & it was explained how to use it. (This was a great asset to the tour, as there were about 20 people & MK was busy that day). After talking a bit & introductions of our guides (Holly & Melissa I believe were their names), we were of to our first stop.

Along the way, both guides would give us information - Did you know that there is a trash can every 30 feet? DD found these tidbits of info very interesting! We love to learn new facts about the MK & they did proved many!

First stop was Casey's Corner. Walking to Casey's we went backstage (used the bypass area) and came back onstage near the Plaza. The guides told us some back info for Casey's, which was very interesting. We were able to tour the kitchen, which was pretty small. (No food at this location).

Stop#2 - Skipper Canteen! Again, we were able to tour the kitchen - which was huge! We also spoke with the Chef, which was great - she answered questions & told us about her career with WDW. Here we sampled Cachapas & Curried Vegie Crew Stew. We have had the Cachapas before & Love them. It was our first time trying the Vegie Stew & it was very tasty as well! Also, to drink was Punch line Punch (And I believe they offered water as well).

Stop #3 - Aloha Isle - DOLE WHIP ! Need I write more?? LOL We each received a small cup.

Stop #4 - Tortuge Tavern. Here was sampled a portion of the famous Turkey Leg (again bottled water was available). I have to say I never had a WDW Turkey Leg. DH & I did not like it. DD said it was ok. But we were all glad we had a chance to try it...finally...lol

Stop #5 - Diamond Horseshoe. At this location, we again had a q&a with the head chef. Again, it was very informative & a nice way to interact with the CM. We each were given a small portion of the Deceleration Salad from Liberty Tree Inn. The salad was crisp & refreshing & included a small piece of chicken. Again, water was provided.

Stop #6 - Here is were it gets interesting! We were taken backstage. We went in near Pinocchio Village Haus & came back onstage near Gaston's Tavern. No pictures are allowed. I do not want to spoil it for any future tour guests by providing any more info. Once back onstage, we had "The Grey Stuff". A nice small cup, it is always delicious.

Stop #7 - Cosmic Rays. Ok this was not a favorite. We sampled a plant based soy sloppy joe & were not a fan (gross to be exact). BUT we did get to go into the kitchen & also behind one of the Bays that was not open yet. Again, very interesting to see what happens behind the scenes in the kitchens.

Stop #7 - The Launching Pad - This was a secret - possible future - menu item that we were able to sample & give feedback on. Again I will not spoil it, but it was delicious & we truly hope they add it to a menu somewhere in the parks!

At this time, the CMs stopped by the tables, asked how everything was. The tour was now over. We handed in our headsets & surveys of the "future food item". We all were also invited to take pictures at the Purple Wall with some foodie props (like a dole whip or turkey leg).

We really liked the tour. (IF it is ever offered at Epcot, we would do the tour!) It is a great introduction tour for those pre-teens that are not old enough to partake in the other tours (most need to be 16). DD13 is a foodie, wants to go to culinary school & is already interested in the College Program. This tour was right up her alley! The CM tour guides were wonderful! Truly are in the right position as Tour Guides. I really do not have one negative thing to write, we had a great time!

Hope this helps others that are thinking about the tour.

*edited 7/27 to correct spelling mistakes

Last edited:
When I booked the tour in January, the age listed to take the tour was 12. Also, the confirmation email I received one week prior to the tour also states 12 years of age to partake in the tour.

Great review, Vickie. Thanks for taking time to share. Sounds like a great tour.
We did this tour on 7/16, myself, DH & DD13.

We checked in at Tony's Town Square, approx 8:45. DD & I have a shellfish allergy & it was noted on our reservation. We were asked about cross contamination & other allergy related questions, which was very reassuring & appreciated. At this time we received our VIP Tour lanyard About 9:00 the group was advised that we can move into the restaurant & there were a few tables set up as well as a table with coffee, tea, waters & Mickey Head cinnamon rolls! We were all invited to take a cinnamon roll & drinks & be seated at any table. This is when each group member was given a head set & it was explained how to use it. (This was a great asset to the tour, as there were about 20 people & MK was busy that day). After talking a bit & introductions of our guides (Holly & Melissa I believe were their names), we were of to our first stop.

Along the way, both guides would give us information - Did you know that there is a trash can every 30 feet? DD found these tidbits of info very interesting! We love to learn new facts about the MK & they did proved many!

First stop was Casey's Corner. Walking to Casey's were went backstage (used the bypass area) and came back onstage near the Plaza. The guides told us some back info Casey's, which was very interesting. We were able to tour the kitchen, which was pretty small. (No food at this location).

Stop#2 - Skipper Canteen! Again, we were able to tour the kitchen - which was huge! We also spoke with the Chef, which was great - she answered questions & told us about her career with WDW. Here we sampled Cachapas & Curried Vegie Crew Stew. We have had the Cachapas before & Love them. It was our first time typing the Vegie Stew & it was very tasty as well! Also, to drink was Punch line Punch (And I believe they offered water as well).

Stop #3 - Aloha Isle - DOLE WHIP ! Need I write more?? LOL We each received a small cup.

Stop #4 - Tortuge Tavern. Here was sampled a portion of the famous Turkey Leg (again bottled water was available). I have to say I never had a WDW Turkey Leg. DH & I did not like it. DD said it was ok. But we were all glad we had a chance to try it...finally...lol

Stop #5 - Diamond Horseshoe. At this location, we again had a q&a with the head chef. Again, it was very informative & a nice way to interact with the CM. We each were given a small portion of the Deceleration Salad from Liberty Tree Inn. The salad was crisp & refreshing & included a small piece of chicken. Again, water was provided.

Stop #6 - Here is were it gets interesting! We were taken backstage. We went in near Pinocchio Village Haus & came back onstage near Gaston's Tavern. No pictures are allowed. I do not want to spoil it for any future tour guests by providing any more info. Once back onstage, we had "The Grey Stuff". A nice small cup, it is always delicious.

Stop #7 - Cosmic Rays. Ok this was not a favorite. We sampled a plant based soy sloppy joe & were not a fan (gross to be exact). BUT we did get to go into the kitchen & also behind one of the Bays that was not open yet. Again ,every interesting to see what happens behind the scenes in the kitchens.

Stop #7 - The Launching Pad - This was a secret - possible future - menu item that we were able to sample & give feedback on. Again I will not spoil it, but it was delicious & we truly hope they add it to a menu somewhere in the parks!

At this time, the CMs stopped by the tables, asked how everything was. The tour was now over. We handed in our headsets & surveys of the "future food item". We all were also invited to take pictures at the Purple Wall with some foodie props (like a dole whip or turkey leg).

We really liked the tour. (IF it is ever offered at Epcot, we would do the tour!) It is a great introduction tour for those pre-teens that are not old enough to partake in the other tours (most need to be 16). DD13 is a foodie, wants to go to culinary school & is already interested in the College Program. This tour was right up her alley! The CM tour guides were wonderful! Truly are in the right position as Tour Guides. I really do not have one negative thing to write, we had a great time!

Hope this helps others that are thinking about the tour.

Great review! Sounds like they’ve updated it and adjusted based on guest feedback. We liked it when we took it on the first day, but this sounds improved on that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter